Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Improving the underfolder AK...

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I don't see increasing the LOP on an underfolder to be a good idea or improvement, I have one and it isn't what I would short to start with, it is in fact longer than where I normally run my AR if I am wanting to shoot square to the target. So unless you are Sasquatch I don't see it helping. I also run paracord on one of my struts for a little added comfort. It helps enough. The buttplate/tube/area isn't bad, pull it into your shoulder properly, and don't rest it on your collar bone and you are fine. It 7.62x39 isn't a hard recoiling round. I also area that if you want a better folder the side folders is where it is at. And yes, I have to agree that underfolding or top folding stocks went the way of the dodo for good reason. There are few few niche applications where an underfolder is going to be more useful than a sidefolder but not many.
    +1
    Main advantage is it gets "small" when folded.... the design is plenty hardy for govt work.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I got a PreBan Norinco Underfolder. I used some round foam tube pipe insulation. Slip it over the stock strut. Tuck one edge into the inner groove of the strut. Use Gorilla Duct tape (Nice Blackish/brown color. They also now have Mossy Oak Camo.). Apply the tape in a length wise fashion on the strut, so as to hide seems. Doesn't look bad, is comfortable and you can still fold the stock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12