Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: John Wick shooting style

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    All things considered it's a movie. But as a shooting enthusiast and martial artist, I appreciate realism in gun handling in a movie. Collateral with Tom Cruise was the first time I saw a movie with realistic weapon handling until the Wick movies came out. It's cool to me to see it on screen.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noslorob View Post
    All things considered it's a movie. But as a shooting enthusiast and martial artist, I appreciate realism in gun handling in a movie. Collateral with Tom Cruise was the first time I saw a movie with realistic weapon handling until the Wick movies came out. It's cool to me to see it on screen.
    Collateral is my favorite, I think it is Michael Mann's best film after Heat. I love the way Vincent walks out of Club Fever like he owns the place after killing 10 people and finally killing a detective while waiting for Max.

Feedback Score
    collateral was amazing and the gun handling trumps J. wick IMO.....wick its a little too unrealistic. come on no one is that good.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcarbine View Post
    collateral was amazing and the gun handling trumps J. wick IMO.....wick its a little too unrealistic. come on no one is that good.
    Suspension of disbelief required to enjoy the Wick stuff to be sure, but mindless fun is had.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Suspension of disbelief required to enjoy the Wick stuff to be sure, but mindless fun is had.
    Absolutely. If you had the ability to hand out headshots as effortlessly as he did, why would you even waste the 1 or 2 he was putting center mass.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Absolutely. If you had the ability to hand out headshots as effortlessly as he did, why would you even waste the 1 or 2 he was putting center mass.
    Such movies really lead many to totally unrealistic expectations about guns and shooting is the only negative I find. The number of people who think one guy will take out a few dozen bad guys blasting away at you is amazing.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 02-19-17 at 15:41.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    HOLY SHIT!!! I know this is a movie but dang, his control and discipline is razor sharp.
    I didn't see anything in that clip that wasn't like every other ridiculous gun/fight movie. Care to point out specifics?

Ben Affleck in the accountant was almost identical. It's a movie - I'd like to start seeing some where the bad guys don't fly backwards ten feet after getting shot and/or immediately go tits up after taking a hit.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Such movies really lead many to totally unrealistic expectations about guns and shooting is the only negative I find. The number of people who think one guy will take out a few dozen bad guys blasting away at you is amazing I find.
    Agreed. I believe movies are solely responsible for the many misconceptions about terminal ballistics.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    John Wick is fantasy and a comic book and absolutely no tactical lessons are to be gleaned from it. I actually peeped at my phone texting folks during a few parts of it.

Center Axis Relock is ninja turtle crap.

Doing the ninja high ready with finger off trigger spiel is sadly not exactly a display of competency.

I think the last movie that made me go "holy shit" and feel legitimately uncomfortable and maybe slightly bordering on panic attack was the vehicle takedown/gunfight at the beginning of End of Watch.

JW2 was merely two dirty words away from PG-13 and I'm not trying to be snotty but am curious why itvis being discussed in Training and Tactics.

JMAO
    YMMV

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    is there any classes that can teach you to shoot like this.
    Pretty much. Kind of. Sort of...

I took Dave Spaulding's Critical Space course two years ago. It wasn't quite so cinema-choreographed, but lot's of shooting from up close and personal. Very interesting course, and Dave's a good teacher. That course, and his Vehicle Combatives course were probably two of the most practical firearms self-defense courses I've ever taken.

Last edited by Hmac; 02-19-17 at 12:57.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast