Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: John Wick shooting style

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Center Axis Relock is certainly a real technique. It's also pretty much been relegated to mall ninjas trying to look cool and emulate Sam Fisher or John Wick. It's certainly really cool that they packaged in retention shooting into such distances in the film, but CAR doesn't really provide much by way of benefits compared to other retention shooting methods, and is rooted in the whole "system" approach that was pimped by its creator, Paul Castle, who had credibility issues.

But hey, it looked cool, and that's all that really matters in the a movie like that.
    I always just considered car another tool in the toolbox

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I haven't seen this movie in full, just ordered it last night on Amazon. I have seen several scenes an Youtube and before I watched any part I thought this was going to be a cheesy movie but after watching a few scenes last night, I think I will like this movie. A question I had was the way Keanu was holding his gun in the club scene. He was holding the gun not at full arms length but fairly close to his chest and over towards his right side.

here is a gif. not sure if it will work.
    Attachment 43774

I know directors like Michael Mann and a few others go the extra mile in regards to authenticity and I know Keanu trained for like 3 months with professionals and even competed in a few 3 gun competitions before filming.

I just wanted to know if shooting a pistol like this is a tactic that works when engaged in within a few feet of you opponent or if this was just movie effects.
    Get yourself a copy of Way Of The Gun. Enjoy.

Feedback Score
    From what I've seen he worked some with with Taran Butler for the new movie. Not sure the shooting style, but was interesting to see Taran Tactical being part of his training.

Ben

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

The guns he gets from the "Sommelier" in the sequel are three gun setups, accessories and all. Even the AR15 has a Taran Tactical logo on the receiver. Pretty sure the gun he uses in this youtube video is the same in the movie.

Lots of 3gun Stage Shooting Choreography as well as BJJ rolling and flipping.

I didn't care for this sequel, the first was much better. Although the Pencil scene and the push dagger scene were very good.
    Last edited by Ak44; 02-15-17 at 01:27.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    I got an email from BCM saying their rifles were used. Pretty cool. I remember when the first vid leaked of him training. As soon as I can get it on demand I will buy it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I've got to give it to the guy, he may or may not be a Hollywood douche bag, but the guy can shoot. Tom Cruise also.
    They were trained by shooters to look like they can shoot, no different than fighters making them look like they can fight. I think it's great some actors like Keanu go the extra mile to train to look like shooters in a movie, but that does not make them shooters in my view. We have seen some great vids of Keanu on the range blasting away, but I don't recall actually seeing his targets up close and such. Actors will works for months with MA types, etc to look good in fight scenes, but that don't make them fighters. I get the sense Keanu actually likes to shoot and probably does even when not making movies, but most others, not so much.

Do we know how he actually did in his three gun matches?

Last edited by WillBrink; 02-15-17 at 08:05.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    They were trained by shooters to look like they can shoot, no different than fighters making them look like they can fight. I think it's great some actors like Keanu go the extra mile to train to look like shooters in a movie, but that does not make them shooters in my view. We have seen some great vids of Keanu on the range blasting away, but I don't recall actually seeing his targets up close and such. Actors will works for months with MA types, etc to look good in fight scenes, but that don't make them fighters. I get the sense Keanu actually likes to shoot and probably does even when not making movies, but most others, not so much.

Do we know how he actually did in his three gun matches?

I don't know about his targets, but would you be willing to put in that amount of work and not be able to hit the targets?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't know about his targets, but would you be willing to put in that amount of work and not be able to hit the targets?
    To make good movies. He's not paid to hit targets, he's paid to look like he's hitting targets. Regardless, per vid i posted above, you have to give him credit for the effort put in to appear to be a bad ass shooter, fighter, driver, etc, but we shouldn't lose the context there in my view.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

John Wick shooting style

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    To make good movies. He's not paid to hit targets, he's paid to look like he's hitting targets. Regardless, per vid i posted above, you have to give him credit for the effort put in to appear to be a bad ass shooter, fighter, driver, etc, but we shouldn't lose the context there in my view.
    Not going to argue with you. My ability to prove he's a good shot is as strong as your ability to prove he's not....

ETA: Just watched the video posted. I can clearly see hits on target, so it looks like the proof for my opinion is there. Go ahead and post yours.
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 02-15-17 at 08:44.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not going to argue with you. My ability to prove he's a good shot is as strong as your ability to prove he's not....

ETA: Just watched the video posted. I can clearly see hits on target, so it looks like the proof for my opinion is there. Go ahead and post yours.
    I made no attempt to "prove" he's not a solid shooter. You're missing the main point. Carry on.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast