Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: John Wick shooting style

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Not going to argue with you. My ability to prove he's a good shot is as strong as your ability to prove he's not....

ETA: Just watched the video posted. I can clearly see hits on target, so it looks like the proof for my opinion is there. Go ahead and post yours.
    I made no attempt to "prove" he's not a solid shooter. You're missing the main point. Carry on.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

John Wick shooting style

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I made no attempt to "prove" he's not a solid shooter. You're missing the main point. Carry on.
    Your point is ridiculous. You're saying his training is akin to choreographed fight scenes. Your comparison is apples to oranges. How would his training with firearms be any different than anyone else at that level? Does the fact that he's in a movie make his weapons manipulation or his hits on target any different from a competitive shooter?

Here is your quote,

"They were trained by shooters to "look" like they can shoot, no different than fighters making them look like they can fight."

Hits on target indicate that it more than "looks" like he can shoot.
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 02-15-17 at 09:00.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    He can definitely shoot. You can see that in the TT video with the BCM AR, Glock 34, and the Benelli M4.

The "looking like shooting" part is what really pisses me off. Pet peeves about shooting culture actually. I feel like this dude has zero business training anyone in this video, but of course people think he's totally legit. I mentioned on MrGunsngears video there were too many press checks in #2 (pet peeve lol)

Personally, I think the CAR system has benefits especially in tight spaces, and vehicles. FULL DISCLAIMER however, I wasn't aware of it until I researched it after the first John Wick film. Paul Castle seemed to have some good ideas he put into forming it imo. Nothing is perfect though. I can see the benefits of awkward shooting positions with it.
    Last edited by WickedWillis; 02-15-17 at 11:42.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    He can definitely shoot. You can see that in the TT video with the BCM AR, and the Glock 34.

The "looking like shooting" part is what really pisses me off. Pet peeves about shooting culture actually. I feel like this dude has zero business training anyone in this video, but of course people think he's totally legit.

Exactly. If this were the only video of him training, I would absolutely agree that he's training to "look" like he can shoot. Then you see the video of him doing 3 gun, and he proves he can shoot.

Feedback Score
    Don't think he would have spent as much time as he did with Taran Butler and not be able to hit targets...... Taran Butler makes money making sure people can hit targets... he's a 3gunner after all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have never seen the Wick Movies or cared much for Keanu's acting except Parenthood, LOL. But after seeing his training videos I could definately go to the range with him. I believe he can shoot even if his training is for a movie, he is really shooting live rounds on targets, well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    He can definitely shoot. You can see that in the TT video with the BCM AR, Glock 34, and the Benelli M4.

The "looking like shooting" part is what really pisses me off. Pet peeves about shooting culture actually. I feel like this dude has zero business training anyone in this video, but of course people think he's totally legit. I mentioned on MrGunsngears video there were too many press checks in #2 (pet peeve lol)

We know he looks like he can shoot, but has anyone seen any scores? Me either. Ever compete in say IDPA? You'll see guys blaze through a stage looking like the next coming of LAV, and you'll be thinking "damn, that guy is fast" and when you go to actually score their targets, well, it's not great. You see that a lot in classes, comps, etc. Then you have the guys who move very methodically and "slow" by comparison, yet the holes are where they should be. Then you have a very small % of people who move like he does in that vid at that speed, and has the holes where they should be, and they're often some sponsored shooter and or someone who trains a ton and competes often, and may or may not be a ninja in a former life.

Again, it looks to me he enjoys shooting and perhaps does shoot regularly even when not preparing for a movie, and no doubt better than most people you see at the range (that's not saying much as you know...) but I still take it with a grain of salt as to his actual skill level is. It also wouldn't surprise me that head to head, he's a better shooter than I am.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    We know he looks like he can shoot, but has anyone seen any scores? Me either. Ever compete in say IDPA? You'll see guys blaze through a stage looking like the next coming of LAV, and you'll be thinking "damn, that guy is fast" and when you go to actually score their targets, well, it's not great. You see that a lot in classes, comps, etc. Then you have the guys who move very methodically and "slow" by comparison, yet the holes are where they should be. Then you have a very small % of people who move like he does in that vid at that speed, and has the holes where they should be, and they're often some sponsored shooter and or someone who trains a ton and competes often, and may or may not be a ninja in a former life.

Again, it looks to me he enjoys shooting and perhaps does shoot regularly even when not preparing for a movie, and no doubt better than most people you see at the range (that's not saying much as you know...) but I still take it with a grain of salt as to his actual skill level is. It also wouldn't surprise me that head to head, he's a better shooter than I am.
    Fair enough. I understand what you are saying.

The way I am looking at it, is speed, as well as weapon control, manipulation and recoil mitigation, he looks like this isn't his first rodeo handling live fire. We don't see his groups, you are correct. But he sure passes the eye test. Compared to people who only handle weapons in film.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Fair enough. I understand what you are saying.

The way I am looking at it, is speed, as well as weapon control, manipulation and recoil mitigation, he looks like this isn't his first rodeo handling live fire. We don't see his groups, you are correct. But he sure passes the eye test. Compared to people who only handle weapons in film.
    100% agree. Again, credit where is due to him and he obviously goes the extra mile to be well above typical actor types who don't know which end of a gun goes bang and likely better than most at typical ranges and such. But, like the man said "Fast is fine but accuracy is final"
    Last edited by WillBrink; 02-15-17 at 14:21.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    As already discussed, it is form of compressed high ready or CQB ready position. A valuable position to be in when clearing rooms in tight spaces (or basically concerned about a gun grab situation).

C4

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast