Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: John Wick shooting style

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    just remember, we are talking about John Wick, not Keanu Reeves. Keanu is an actor, John is a real person!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    As already discussed, it is form of compressed high ready or CQB ready position. A valuable position to be in when clearing rooms in tight spaces (or basically concerned about a gun grab situation).

C4
    Exactly, like in say a crowded nightclub full of Russian mafia.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    is there any classes that can teach you to shoot like this.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Last edited by VARIABLE9; 02-17-17 at 15:13. Reason: fixed link

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Nevermind. Seems like every file I try to upload is too big. I tried to link the URL to image Variable posted the link to.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    He can definitely shoot. You can see that in the TT video with the BCM AR, Glock 34, and the Benelli M4.

The "looking like shooting" part is what really pisses me off. Pet peeves about shooting culture actually. I feel like this dude has zero business training anyone in this video, but of course people think he's totally legit. I mentioned on MrGunsngears video there were too many press checks in #2 (pet peeve lol)

Personally, I think the CAR system has benefits especially in tight spaces, and vehicles. FULL DISCLAIMER however, I wasn't aware of it until I researched it after the first John Wick film. Paul Castle seemed to have some good ideas he put into forming it imo. Nothing is perfect though. I can see the benefits of awkward shooting positions with it.
    Who is this guy training him? I'm not familiar with him, but his own draws and stances looks like crappy to me. But I'm neither a movie star nor a firearms instructor.

What I can respect. Is Reeves sweating is butt off training. That I can respect. Plus I did see his short clip with Taran. That for what it was seemed legit. Plus he's Neo for cryin' out loud!
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    just saw the movie a few days ago, its kinda martial art + shooting + trajectory. its amazing.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    elephant- While not CAR, Craig Douglas aka Southnarc's ECQC course teaches some great techniques for up close and personal confrontations.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I liked both of the John Wick movies, but the 2nd one seemed to have more action, and definitely more 3-gun manipulation. It also looked to me that he shoots low in many of the scenes, esp in the cqb sequences. Which make sense because you are going for COM shots and not head shots.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If I'm not mistaken, on most of the shots the John Wick character takes he strives for two in COM and one in the head, in order to defeat body armor and to be certain of a terminal outcome in the fight.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast