Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Receiver extension buffer system choice for suppressed 300Blk SBR

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Receiver extension buffer system choice for suppressed 300Blk SBR

I'm building a suppressed 8" 300Blk rifle with a SLR adj. GB and will be shooting mainly subs. Which RE/spring/buffer combo will be the best option to run reliably and provide the smoothest/softest recoil impulse?

1) Standard carbine RE with a David Tubb's Lightweight flat wire buffer spring and H1/2/3 buffer

2) Standard carbine RE with JP Silent Captured Spring

3) A5 RE with either a Vltor/SprinCo green/or Tubb AR-10 flat wire buffer spring with A5H0/1/2 buffer

...or, will having an adjustable GB make the choices moot? Will a standard carbine spring and carbine buffer be just as good?

Feedback Score
    My preference would be to run a base barrel that does not require all of the negatives that go with an adjustable gas block over a proper fixed port size.
    What subs would you be using? Something comparable to most commercial 220gr offerings?
    Most reliable and smoothest do not necessarily go hand in hand. I tend to prefer reliability with durability without adding most any net negatives as far as excess recoil goes for actual use.
    I tend to prefer a rifle like/A5 type of action system, the specific buffer mass and possible spring(s) depends on all the attributes put together for the OP's particular combination. Everything has to add up; barrel, can, ammo, etc..

ETA: Most, but not all would end up in the A5H2-A5H3 range with either a regular Colt rifle action spring or a SpringCo green for the above.
    Last edited by tom12.7; 02-02-17 at 17:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are you a reloader or will you be strictly shooting factory loads?
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    Besides those already. Stated the gun with adj block should run with a straight car buffer and spring. I would say and h1 or h2 buffer and car spring or some version with those options

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    As of now I will be shooting factory loads only....S&B 200gr subsonic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I recently built with a Bravo Co. A5 receiver extension and a Vltor A5 5.3oz buffer on my 300 BLK. Can't say how it works for suppressed but unsuppressed it works fine.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I run a blem PSA lower with a PSA 8.5 inch upper. Carbine RE, Carbine Buffer, Standard Carbine Spring. I have shot unsuppressed, both sub and super, with no issues whatsoever. I shoot only suppressed now(Omega) and have had absolutely no issues with super and subsonic ammunition.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    The A5 rifle like action is more forgiving than the carbine like action systems. The shorter than standard carbine action systems are less forgiving than the standard carbine action systems. Going to shorter action systems for this reduces the span of the operational envelope of function compared to the rifle like action system. You can make shorter ones function, but the application becomes more dedicated to more specific combinations.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You will greatly appreciate the quieter operation of the JP SCS... it's all I will run in suppressed guns... it makes that noticeable of a difference (TTAG did a pre and post vid on a 300blk build one with a normal spring setup and one with an SCS it's so noticeable you hear it outright)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Option 1.........kinda.

I run a 14.5" Knights with a standard SR30 buffer and spring
    Last edited by hk_shootr; 05-22-17 at 19:06.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast