I tried to send this PM to Molon, but his inbox was full. I think the thought behind it could be useful to the forum though, so I'll just post it publicly:

Hi there. I was dinking around the internet and came across your post on zeroing an M4 found here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ory-curve-5-56. It was absolutely amazing to me that someone would take the time to go so in-depth to answer so basic and simple a question as the original poster asked. Most people (at least on many forums) would have posted that he "...should try the search function...." and "How many times do we have to cover this...", and "Watch my youtube link....", but you just sat down and schooled him (in the correct and educational way that our public schools have long forgotten.)

Anyhow, after reading that post, which I am loath to admit turned me into a fan-boy, I searched for more of your posts. At the top of the search was the hand lapped, Krieger barrel, bore scope comparison to the Ballistic Advantage barrel. In it you got trolled by Skyyr and in the end said we can all get our information from him from then on. To my horror, you apparently meant it, as that was the most recent thread you contributed to on the m4carbine forums (over 6 months ago), leaving the people of the forum poorer for the lack of you.

My first instinct was that Skyyr's a @#$^ing troll and if I were a site admin and saw that conversation I would have banned him on the spot and contacted you to make it clear that you were not only welcome on our forum, but cherished, wanted, needed. It's people like you that most people go to forums to find and learn from. It's people like Skyyr that go to forums to troll others and feel tough behind a keyboard. There are too many Skyyr's and not enough people like you!

I should note, in my defense (and Skyyr's), that I try not to act on my jumped-to judgments without a little reflection or verification, so I took the time to search Skyyr's posts too. In a brief scan of his posts he doesn't seem to be the loathsome gutter troll I judged him to be. 18 pages of posts, mostly short, with him sharing some opinions and some facts but not overtly trollish or aggressive in nature. Again, I just skimmed a few of his posts but it looks like he's your average forum contributor that happens to be a KAK fan-boy. He also, for some unknown reason, did the forum a disservice by making your interactions too aggravating to be worth the efforts of further contribution.

So, final conclusion, to keep you on MY forum, I would ban a thousand Skyyr's. Not because he's so bad but because you are so good. They could replace Skyyr; they couldn't replace you. It might not have had to come to that, maybe a warning to him regarding his tone and approach and he would see the error in his ways. That’s fine. But whatever it would have taken to keep you as a contributor on my forum is what I would have done.

You, Sir, are a rare and valuable specimen of internet wisdom. I hope you come back and don't let people like Skyyr get to you. You had ONE detractor/attacker, but in the few posts I've already read I've seen many people thank you and express their appreciation for your in-depth data, graphs, photos, knowledge, explanations, etc.
We, the average laymen, wouldn't take the time to find/create such info/posts even if we had the means and ability. So keep posting. We need you. Even if it's not here on M4C, the community needs you. I for one would search you out, so let me know what forums you're still active on and what your user name is. I'm not active in any forums, but I search them when looking for answers or doing research and I surely hope to see more from you.

You need a gofundme account or something. You're worth financing.

Regards,
Stealth-X