Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Brain Bucket Thread

Feedback Score
    Yes. It was the nods. The helmet and it's stuff came in weeks ago, when I ordered, but the device had to be built.
    Got it all from tnvc.
    If I can get a chance, I'll take some pics and post them, with a rundown, here in the next day or so.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    OK, finally got everything in (well, purchased so far), and it's put together. I live in a city, so while I've taken it out into the yard and walked around a bit, the amount of background light here doesn't tell me much. I can say that, even with the limited NV use I have, having walked around with a monocular, and pvs7, having true binocular tubes makes a huge difference. I have these infinity focused, and even with the ground at my feet a bit blurry, movement is pretty easy. When I get out to my rural place, I'll know more.
    Everything came from tnvc, spent a couple hrs on the phone with Chip there, he was hugely helpful. I did go higher budget-wise than my initial plan, but I can already see it was worth it.

The bucket, a Crye precision air frame. It's fitted with the Crye rails, and the Crye velcro kit. All is in coyote tan.
    The NV mount is the Wilcox L4 G70 mount w/G24 & Wilcox shroud and lanyard, also in coyote tan. It is the breakaway capable arm.
    On the back is a tnvc Mohawk helmet counterweight system, also in coyote tan.
    The NV unit is the Ab night vision Mod-3B goggle kit (L3 OMNI VIII). This is a modular two tube goggle. Both tubes are QD removable from the bridge. While on the bridge, they get their power source and the ir light from the bridge. But, when removed, included is two separate power/light supplies that QD mount to the tubes, and each can be used independently, and be mounted by means of a standard J-arm. IIRC, they are not weapon mountable, but I have both NV compatible sights and ir lasers.

So far, with the little bit of trying them out, looks like I will need just a tad more weight in the back. All of the ones in the kit are in there, and it sits down on the helmet straps just a bit. There is plenty of room yet in the pouch. I still have yet to get ear pro for it.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score

Need to get the ANVIS mount and start a second helmet build
    Last edited by GFX_9; 04-26-17 at 21:38.

Feedback Score
    Delete
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NothingClever; 06-07-17 at 19:17.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    So what are the top brain buckets currently? Recommendations?

-Ops Core FAST?
    -Crye Airframe?
    -TW Exfil?
    -Mtek Flux?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I wear a Crye airframe. I haven't compared to every other, but I haven't met anyone that wears something else that didn't wish they had an airframe.

Feedback Score
    Can someone recommend the slimmest pad system while still being comfortable?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I like the Team Wendy Epic Air pad system for a lightweight, thin, breathable pad set-up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bjw182005 View Post
    I like the Team Wendy Epic Air pad system for a lightweight, thin, breathable pad set-up.
    That's what I was leaning towards, thanks.

Feedback Score
    Should have an MTEK Carbon-V arriving soon muahaha. Sold my Team Wendy.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast