Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: GP100 or 686

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have a pre-lock 686+ that I wouldn't trade for anything. If given the choice between a lock 686 and GP100, I'd go with the Ruger. I have zero use for S&Ws with the lock and the Ruger is bombproof. I really like the Wiley Clapp model - balances really well and comes with a bid dot front sight.

Feedback Score
    I own both in 4”. They’re both great.
    The lock on the S&W is not a mechanical issue. It seems to be a non starter of a philosophical issue for some, but it’s irrelevant to me.

They’re easy to remove and plug if you like. I have not had any issues with the lock, and I suspect that some of the problems others have had could be from user error.

I changed the grips to square butt conversion grips with medallions.

The GP100 is a great revolver as well. Mine has Leatt grips and dates back to 2002.

They both shoot great. The trigger on the 686 is better. The 686 is more elegant. The lock up on the GP100 is tighter.

You really can’t lose with either. I prefer blued guns, so I prefer the look of my blued gp100.

I will keep both though.

I just got a 2.5” 686-1. I’ve got my eye out for. 3” fixes sight gp100. Get the one that appeals to you. I wouldn’t over think it. A good friend of mine always tells me to get the gun I want, otherwise I’ll regret it. Every time I talk myself into buying a gun based on specs or something else, I end up wishing i had just gotten what it wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    One advantage current production 686's have over the GP100 is that they already are drilled and tapped for scope/red-dot mounts.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567