Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: range estimation with BDC reticle (why not?)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do you have a specific point to shoot from, or do you move around?
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score

BDC EXCEL CALC

I made a BDC subtention Calc in Excel. Just input your magnification and it calculates the new subtention at that magnification. Size your target with the reticle and input in 'inches' and it will calculate yardage. Easy-peasy.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...21389809681057

Pro tip: I run Excel on my smartphone and perform calculations in the field!
    Let me know how it works for you.
    Last edited by terraMODA; 09-25-17 at 17:22.
    Anyone can carry a gun, but it takes a lady or a gentleman to keep the peace!

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by terraMODA View Post
    I made a BDC subtention Calc in Excel. Just input your magnification and it calculates the new subtention at that magnification. Size your target with the reticle and input in 'inches' and it will calculate yardage. Easy-peasy.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...21389809681057

Pro tip: I run Excel on my smartphone and perform calculations in the field!
    Let me know how it works for you.
    Do you have another way to download it besides signing up for that site?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    Do you have another way to download it besides signing up for that site?
    Sorry, no. Didn't realize you had to sign up for it. The forum only allows uploads of 97k for zip files, which is pretty miniscule.

Pm me with an email address and I will send it to you directly, if you wish?

Feedback Score

Updated Calc

BDC SUBTENTION CALC II.zip

Here is an updated version with upper and lower subtentions added, a better reticle diagram, and sheet is now protected so you can't inadvertently edit cells you're not supposed to. It's now small enough to attach here directly. Enjoy.
    Last edited by terraMODA; 09-27-17 at 22:24.

Quote Originally Posted by terraMODA View Post
    Attachment 47698

Here is an updated version with upper and lower subtentions added, a better reticle diagram, and sheet is now protected so you can't inadvertently edit cells you're not supposed to. It's now small enough to attach here directly. Enjoy.How to find the best scope for ar 15 in your range with BDC reticle? check here: https://www.dailyshooting.com/best-scope-for-ar15/
    Awesome, Thanks TerraMODA. Already copy it to my smartphone
    Last edited by harveyspecter; 10-31-17 at 04:33.

Feedback Score
    Now with even more subtentions added! (Spaces between circles) Re d/l the above file (BDC Calc II.zip) for the latest version.

To the OP. Clearly, there are many, many ways you can range with the BDC reticle!

Feedback Score
    Glad i checked back in on this thread!!!
    terraMODA! You Sir are a scholar and a gentleman!
    PROST!
    PSA 16" Midlength 5.56 NATO 1/7 Phosphate MOE Freedom Rifle
    PSA 18" Rifle length 223 wylde 1/7 (nitride) midwest light free float m mod. 3x9 Nikon.
    '65 Win Mod 70 3006
    GEW88 1890 AMBERG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12