Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helicopter Hog Hunting

Feedback Score

Helicopter Hog Hunting

I was fortunate enough to be in a position where I am going to get to go hog hunting from a helicopter later this week and wanted to hear from any of you guys who have done it before if you had any tips before hand. Apparently I will mostly be using a 12 gauge with 00 buck but might try out one of my AR's as well.

Any advice?

Feedback Score
    No advice as it's something I want to do as well. All I can say is good luck 'smoking that bacon'!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    A friend of mine went on a helicopter hog hunt. Big problem they had came from the use of brass catchers. The pilot didnt want shell casings to damage the helicopter. They used ARs and 1 FAL. The brass catchers caused frequent malfunctions with all guns.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    We did this twice down in Texas at night. Was amazing! We used ar's. If they are running make sure you lead your shots or you will have a lot of wasted ammo.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    We did this twice down in Texas at night. Was amazing! We used ar's. If they are running make sure you lead your shots or you will have a lot of wasted ammo.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Good point, I didn't even think of that. I actually did a training deal once where they put a movie on a screen and you shot at it with live ammo and it would show you where you hit. They used it to teach how to lead animals like hogs. Going to have to try to remember that stuff

Feedback Score
    Man what a blast. Got 29 piggies and 2 coyotes and had a great time. If you ever get the chance to do it I highly recommend it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Which company did you go through and in which part of the state?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    Man what a blast. Got 29 piggies and 2 coyotes and had a great time. If you ever get the chance to do it I highly recommend it.
    All shelter meat?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    I was fortunate enough to be in a position where I am going to get to go hog hunting from a helicopter later this week and wanted to hear from any of you guys who have done it before if you had any tips before hand. Apparently I will mostly be using a 12 gauge with 00 buck but might try out one of my AR's as well.

Any advice?
    Who are you going with. I'm on a search now to go on a hunt such as this

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    All shelter meat?
    Like as in collected, processed, and donated to feed people?

Doubt it...Most likely it was all left in the field to rot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast