Thread: Contacting member with full PM inbox?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Contacting member with full PM inbox?

Is it possible for a mod to reach out to a member and bypass the regular PM system and advise them to clear out one's inbox? I've done it, we've all done it lol it's just a PITA if you don't catch it.

Also, it possible to (1) add an option to the user CP that allows a member to email them directly if they put one on file? And (2) is there anyway for the forum to provide a pop-up or email notification when a user is at or reached their limit of PMs?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Are you referring to users who don't have an email or are not allowing emails?t I usually email the person & say hey your PM box is full and it's been rare when they don't have email turned on...l also inform them that for a mere $20 Site Sponsorship they can expand their PM capacity.
    You should get an email when you've reached your capacity. I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Are you referring to users who don't have an email or are not allowing emails?t I usually email the person & say hey your PM box is full and it's been rare when they don't have email turned on...l also inform them that for a mere $20 Site Sponsorship they can expand their PM capacity.
    You should get an email when you've reached your capacity. I do.

Well, now I feel like an dunce. I honestly never noticed the email link in the user CPs. I guess that's what I get for using mostly tapatalk nowadays.

I know I've never received notification in the past when my inbox was full so Ill keep an eye on that.

Also good call on the site sponsorship. I keep putting that off.

Thanks for the assistance,

John

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Well, now I feel like an dunce. I honestly never noticed the email link in the user CPs. I guess that's what I get for using mostly tapatalk nowadays.

I know I've never received notification in the past when my inbox was full so Ill keep an eye on that.

Also good call on the site sponsorship. I keep putting that off.

Thanks for the assistance,

John
    NP, and glad I could help. I can identify with you on the Tapatalk, it's just really convenient.
    I didn't always catch the full inbox message either, and by the way if you try to send a PM to someone and they've reached capacity they will get a message saying "RobertTheTexan has tried to send you a PM" or something to that effect.
    Here's a sample of that - the auto-message from the forum.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I meant to say that I created a filter for that text so I see the message a lot easier now than I did before. Works pretty well. You even get a message saying your inbox is almost full...
    Make sure in your Settings> Basic Settings that you're allowing messages from the admins. I'm sure you have that set, but just in case.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams