Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting PM Trying to Sell Geissele Mk3 Rail

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysop View Post
    Never Friends and family PayPal unless it's someone you know personally.

I always offer that option when I'm selling something because people don't want to do the math of adding in the fee and they usually get it wrong anyway.

I'd never pay for something that way.

Looking at how much someone is invested in the forum is important too. I always check their history, post count and feedback comments. Ive had some deals where I got what I bought but wasn't happy with the description or felt I was mislead. I don't leave negative feedback unless I was screwed.
    Since my moment when my brain went FUBAR on me, I have changed how I do business here. If the user has little or no feedback, or there's a low post count or there's been a couple of years since a post, I will go Goods & Services. Fortunately for me, there are a handful of M4Cers that I do repeat business with, and I trust them, they are stand up guys. (Y'all know who you are ). I'd like to believe they also trust me, so with them I have no problem F&F. My snafu back in the day because I took the transaction off M4C and off PayPal and was texting back and forth for 2 months when the guy disappeared with my money. I screwed up, I got careless and paid for it. I've been fortunate since then, but I want to be smart not lucky. So I am absolutely taking Ss's advice to heart and will stick to Goods & Services and work out the fee along the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    I would be suspicious of anyone that has gone to another forum where they are not know, dug up an old WTB, and then PM an offer to sell you one based on credentials from another site.

That sounds rather predatory to me... .and possibly ID theft from the other site.
    tb,

You're right. I think I will contact an admin from TOS and pass along what has transpired. I only have 4 posts on TOS, I joined them before I joined M4C, fortunately I had a friend who steered me to the right "home". Good point. Thanks!

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Interesting development....I finally heard back from him and he said he's GTG using PayPal Goods & Services. Kinda surprised by that development.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    -3 year old account.
    -No post history
    - offering to sell you something you were looking for a year ago
    - different product then you wanted

To me that all screams SCAM! I'd stay away. He'll probably send you a fake link to PP

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    -3 year old account.
    -No post history
    - offering to sell you something you were looking for a year ago
    - different product then you wanted

To me that all screams SCAM! I'd stay away. He'll probably send you a fake link to PP

Sage advice Arik. I had already emailed him declining his offer. It would be a one-off rail, another set of mounting tools etc. Besides, one reason I like the simplicity of quad rails is that i can mount a WML or ATPIAL when I want, I don't have to attach a rail section to attach something to it. And I believe in redundancy.

Want me to tell him you're interested? LOL Just kidding!
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post

Want me to tell him you're interested? LOL Just kidding!
    Lol. Yes! You got me, it was my way of having you back off so I can buy them!!!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Unless it's someone I know or someone reputable I get nervous. Not because I am inherently distrustful, but because there are so many knock-offs and replicas of gun stuff I don't want to buy something that someone may think is real only to be screwed over. This site and my local gun forum are about the only places I am comfortable buying/trading.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    M4 has a solid EE, actually the only one I use now... but I use it because I read here daily/weekly, which is plenty to separate the wheat from the chaff...all the cliches are there for a reason. Good luck on your deal-

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    M4 has a solid EE, actually the only one I use now... but I use it because I read here daily/weekly, which is plenty to separate the wheat from the chaff...all the cliches are there for a reason. Good luck on your deal-
    Yes I've done a lot of transactions on here, certainly more than my feedback show (not everyone leaves feedback.) All but a very few have been a very enjoyable experience. I now have some sellers that I have done many, many transactions with. I appreciate them more Han they know, simply because I have gotten the proverbial shaft. But it was always my fault, simply because I was too trusting of the wrong persons. That's on me.
    I didn't but he rail because I just had too many warning bells. It wasn't even the rail I had indicated I wanted in my WTB post, the price and his unwillingness to work with me on PayPal in spite of my stellar feedback, especially regarding how I pay. So it's better to be safe than sorry in this case.
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12