Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting PM Trying to Sell Geissele Mk3 Rail

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Interesting PM Trying to Sell Geissele Mk3 Rail

Guys,

I've debated all day about posting this, but I'd rather say something and potentially save a user a headache than not. Yesterday I received a PM out of the blue asking me if I wanted to buy a 15" Geissele Mk3 Rail in Desert Dirt for $225. (Excellent condition) The sender has zero posts and obviously zero feedback. He gave me a user ID from TOS and said he had feedback but I cannot confirm this. He told me that he sent the pm to me because back in September of last year I posted a WTB on the E&E for a 13" quad rail - LaRue or Centurion C4. September. 2016.
    After telling him the only way I would do business was to receive the rail first and then pay him via PP. That I had very positive feedback regarding payment, since then I haven't heard from him.
    I don't want to flat out accuse the guy, but unfortunately when I first joined M4C, I made a poor decision and it cost me about $320 bucks. I did try to look up his user id via a link he sent on TOS, but it ddo not pull it up.
    Again the guy may be totally legit, but most of the signs indicate otherwise.
    The user is kimokeo71.
    Mod's, I hope this isn't out of line. Getting burned isn't a pleasant experience and I'd hate for a new user to make the same mistake I did. If this is out of line, please delete.

Thanks
    Robert
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Isn't the point of using PayPal (non gift) that you can always dispute and get your money back?

I purchased one thing from someone with no feedback and it went smooth. I did ask him to exchange pictures of your driver's licenses.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Good point Jay. I should have approached that way rather than Friends and Family which is what I'll use when there's positive feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    This isn't out of line at all. One of the more difficult things that we have to do is policing the EE.

If someone with zero posts or feedback contacts someone, then caution is warranted.

That particular user account was registered three years ago, but has no post history. make whatever you will of that.

And just because someone used the same name to register here as another user on a different website, does not make them the same person. I have seen that scenario play out as well - "hijacking" another user's feedback.

If kimokeo71 wants to step forward and discuss in this thread, they are more than welcome to. But the differences between the rail you asked for, and the rail he offers, plus no history here..........

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Good point Jay. I should have approached that way rather than Friends and Family which is what I'll use when there's positive feedback.

I would rethink Friends and Family Paypal. You might want to check this out:

https://www.m4carbine.net/announcement.php?f=108

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Never Friends and family PayPal unless it's someone you know personally.

I always offer that option when I'm selling something because people don't want to do the math of adding in the fee and they usually get it wrong anyway.

I'd never pay for something that way.

Looking at how much someone is invested in the forum is important too. I always check their history, post count and feedback comments. Ive had some deals where I got what I bought but wasn't happy with the description or felt I was mislead. I don't leave negative feedback unless I was screwed.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Never Friends and family PayPal unless it's someone you know personally.

I always offer that option when I'm selling something because people don't want to do the math of adding in the fee and they usually get it wrong anyway.

I'd never pay for something that way.

Looking at how much someone is invested in the forum is important too. I always check their history, post count and feedback comments. Ive had some deals where I got what I bought but wasn't happy with the description or felt I was mislead. I don't leave negative feedback unless I was screwed.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Thank you for the link. I will definitely take that to heart. I also considered he may be hijacking a username from TOS, and in fact planned to try and contact. But the bottom line and I will confess that my intention to buy the rail was less than my desire to know their true agenda. If not for me, the. For the forum. So I did play it out further than I could have. I just would feel like crap knowing I could have prevented a bad experience.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    To me, it's very telling when someone shuts off contact in a situation like this without any further debate. You absolutely did the right thing. You've got to trust those instincts and be willing to walk away from a deal sometimes.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I would be suspicious of anyone that has gone to another forum where they are not know, dug up an old WTB, and then PM an offer to sell you one based on credentials from another site.

That sounds rather predatory to me... .and possibly ID theft from the other site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast