JP BCG
    BAD pins/safety
    Geissele SD3G
    Odin O2 light 12" hand guard
    Faxon 8.5" Barrel
    Sig Armbrace/Fleshlight holder
    Griffin Armament Rev 9 in the K config

Probably switch to an ASA side charger upper and the Maxim CQB stock

Overall, I love how it came out, feels great, looks great, but it's not letting mags insert all the way. The lower has a massive built in feed ramp that looks like it will work great, but it has a tongue that is sticking out too far and interfering with the magazine. The front of the magazine, right under the bullet tips it barely contacting the feed ramp and blocking it from going the last tiny bit to lock in. It looks like the massive feed ramp can be filled down to allow clearance for the magazine, and the cartridges, while in the magazine, ready to slide forward into battery would be well above the spot that would be filed down, and should still feed perfectly. Kind of a pain, I think it should be fine, but I will call Gunpoint when they open.
    Anyone ever have this issue?
    pics to follow

Thanks,
    Scott

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The offending tongue. Looks like if it's filed down flush with the body of the feed ramp, it should be fine.

Scott
    Last edited by A5scott; 02-06-17 at 02:21.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ok, I talked to Felix at Gunpoint, he said he hasn't seen that little lip before, and he said that feed ramp can be replaced, since there is just a set screw holding it in place. Or I can remove if and sand it down. He also said I should use Metalform mags rather than ASC or the C-Products ones I have, but both of those brands worked well in my dad's Colt 9mm carbine. I think I'll try sanding it down first.

Scott

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Colt has lip like that. I think it's to keep the mags from being over inserted.

Your mag, mag catch slot in the lower, or ramp is out of spec.

Because the lower manufacturer thinks it's a better idea for you to file on it than for them to fix it I'd recommend you get a different lower.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Colt has lip like that. I think it's to keep the mags from being over inserted.

Your mag, mag catch slot in the lower, or ramp is out of spec.

Because the lower manufacturer thinks it's a better idea for you to file on it than for them to fix it I'd recommend you get a different lower.
    yeah you are correct, the lip is the over travel stop. They will replace the lower if needed, but now they are saying C products and ASC mags are at fault, and he suggested Metalform mags.
    I'll try one, and hopefully that's it. He told me he would replace it if different mags don't work. great.

thanks,
    Scott

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So I'm using the troy ambi mag release, I'm lefty, and it's not sticking out as far as another one I have on my colt 556. I'll see if I can adjust it

Scott

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That was it. I swapped the Troy ambi mag release on the Gunpoint 9mm with the factory Colt 6933 mag release and now both CProd and ASC mags are locking in no problem. The troy functions on my colt.
    The lower is quite a bit thicker around the mag well, so that may have been causing the Troy ambi mag release to malfunction. I bet the Norgon will work.

Thank you for pointing my in the right direction!

Scott
    Last edited by A5scott; 02-06-17 at 18:10.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good to see they were willing to take care of you. And even better you were able to figure out the problem without needing a file.

Still might be worth trying out Colt/MF mags before ditching the mag lever. They also have a better reputation for being consistently reliable.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks, yes, I was pretty happy not to have to mess around shipping the lower back or trying another feed ramp.

For sure, I'll start buying Colt mags from now on.

Thanks again

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast