Thread: First full build...ended up being light weight

Feedback Score

First full build...ended up being light weight

So this is my first post here, and I hope someone finds it interesting. Basically this build came about after I had worked on my first AR over a few years making it how I wanted (thread on that one later!). That first AR was an M&P15, that as I worked on it, I had all these spare parts left over from the M&P. So like any guy who is into creating things I figured the perfect thing to do would be make a somewhat lightweight rifle that I could go shoot steel with. The goal was light weight, reliable, slick sided, and I wanted to make something that wasn't black. Took about two months to create, but the thing is a blast to shoot. No recoil, super light and after 500+ rounds have yet to have a malfunction.

I'm on the fence on selling this one since I am going to be moving out of the country for a bit, would love to hear opinions on keeping vs selling.

Anyway here are some photos and all the stats. I will get some better ones later as well and post them up.

Build as it was coming along...M&P15 some of the parts came from is the rifle above

love this trigger! everything except the colt will be getting one

Feedback Score
    The stats for everything on this one as well

And of course the photo evidence