Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thought I might run my new supplement stack past the forum and ask for feedback

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    God dammit.... No.

Feedback Score
    Hey, he's the one who said food is fuel

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    God dammit.... No.
    I couldn't help but read this in Ron Swanson's voice thanks to your avatar. It humored me.

Feedback Score
    Supplement stack?

Eat meat to build and maintain muscle. Eat fruits and vegetables for good health. Real food, not that soylent shit. Of course you're not dead yet - sometimes dumb shit takes a while to catch up to you.

Get the right amount of sleep. Lift heavy shit over your head, on your back, from the floor, off your chest. Pick up said heavy shit and walk with it. Run real fast every now and again. Rinse and repeat. Don't make this so complicated.

Feedback Score
    I'd love to know where in my schedule you would cram all that working out, grocery shopping and meal preparation.

First of all, I'm a full-time college student. Not some blowoff 4-year business or communications major, but Music Education. We're tied with Engineering for the most units required to graduate, except that many of our classes including ensembles, lessons, fundamentals and dictations are worth 1 unit, not 3. My average load for the past 5 years has been 10 classes a semester, or 20 a year. Oh, and we have to practice hours a day too, on top of studying.

On top of that, I'm a freelance percussionist and music instructor. You know when all of you are heading home from work or going to the gym? That's when I start driving to houses to teach privately, load my drums up for a gig, or start coaching marching band. My home arrival each weeknight is 9-11 pm, and yes I work weekends too. Sleeping in was a high school luxury.

So to respond to your "dumb shit" remark, this is the best I can do at this time. Maybe when I've graduated and have a steady job teaching at a school full-time with benefits, I'll have time to exercise more and routinely shop for fresh produce.

Until then, I'm already on the grind, and if you don't think these job involve exercise I'd love for you to try it some time. The marching band I teach won first place in California last fall for their division, and that wasn't from me sitting on my ass.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Supplements are to "supplement" a good diet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Double3 View Post
    Supplements are to "supplement" a good diet.
    This right here. If you don't correct your diet, those supplements will be a waste.

Don't know where to fit eating in your schedule? Figure it out. You want to be healthier bad enough, you'll at least make time to eat the right foods. If you aren't inclined to do so then don't worry about any supplements. They won't help you.

Feedback Score
    I feel and look perfectly healthy, and my bloodwork concurs that.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    So...what was it you wanted to discuss here again?

Looks to me like you've already decided what's best for you...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast