Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
I noticed the same and found many responses interesting/amusing. Really, a prancing horse is your favorite roll mark???

I actually started a thread and on reticle preference for CQB a while back. Basically provided a choice between Aimpoint (single dot) style and Eotech (everything else) style. While I believe there are genuinely people who like the single dot, I too found that many couldn't divorce themselves from the brand association; even though I specifically tried to account for that in the poll description.
It's not that it's a "favorite" rollmark or that it's even aesthetically pleasing to me, but the fact that there's a lot of history in that rollmark. The Colt M16A2 was my first duty rifle and it has gotten me through a lot of combat action during my 20+ years of military service. There's a comforting familiarity with seeing that "prancing pony" on a lower receiver, whether it's an issued M4 or a personal build. My life and the lives of the guys I served with depended on it. For me it has earned certain level of respect, and I would wager there are those out there who harbor the same sentiment.