Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triple Aught Design. Recon RS Short or

Feedback Score

Triple Aught Design. Recon RS Short or

Thinking of buying a pair of these shorts. Any other brands to look at? I like that these are made in USA

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    O know this doesn't qualify but I just picked up 2 pairs of pants and they are flippin awesome. If the shorts are like their pants they too will be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    I may have to buy a pair of the pants

Feedback Score
    TAD pants and shorts have 1 inch belt loops. I don't have a 1 inch belt. I bought 2 pair of CYRE G3 field pants

Feedback Score
    The AC cloth shorts and pants are very nice as well. When wet, they dry very quickly. TAD gear is a great product albeit a bit pricey. You will not be disappointed. You could also look at Rail Riders as well. Another nice product yet not as pricey.

Feedback Score
    My 1.75" belt fits in tad loops... Definitely wider than 1"...
    That being said,

Arcteryx
    Beyond Clothing
    Patagonia
    Outdoor Research
    Carlos Ray 2.0 (i think thats the name)
    Etc
    Last edited by GFX_9; 05-01-17 at 15:56.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    After owning a few TAD products over the years, Ive come to a few conclusions. They arent worth the price, which is ridiculously high. Their zippers suck. Their hood designs suck. No life time warranty.

For the same price you can get arcteryx which has a life time warranty and equal if not better quality.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The problem with Arc'teryx is that they don't offer an everyday wear pant that has the pockets/features that the TAD pants have. There's no equivalent. I'd say that the TAD gear pant equivalent is the Crye pant.

Not made in the USA but good 'tactical' pants are the VERTX ones. My personal favourite everyday wear pants are the Prana Stretch Zions. I also have them in shorts. Not as many pockets as cargo pants, but just enough.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    The problem with Arc'teryx is that they don't offer an everyday wear pant that has the pockets/features that the TAD pants have. There's no equivalent. I'd say that the TAD gear pant equivalent is the Crye pant.

Not made in the USA but good 'tactical' pants are the VERTX ones. My personal favourite everyday wear pants are the Prana Stretch Zions. I also have them in shorts. Not as many pockets as cargo pants, but just enough.
    Pretty much this. Prana zion and brions are all I wear. If I need some hard wearing range pants I use arborwear tech pants. NYCO ripstop isnt very comfortable, it feels like a soft canvas more than a nylon blend.

The entire outdoor industry has embraced stretch fabrics, with good reason. Anything new Im going to buy is going to be made of a stretch fabric.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 05-01-17 at 21:42.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Pretty much this. Prana zion and brions are all I wear. If I need some hard wearing range pants I use arborwear tech pants. NYCO ripstop isnt very comfortable, it feels like a soft canvas more than a nylon blend.
    I don't wear belts if I can get away with it, which is why I like the adjustable waist on the Stretch Zion so much. Wish the Brions had that feature. Yup, I like my arborwear tech pants too.

After wearing the Stretch Zion pants almost daily for the past 3 years, when I put on 'tactical' pants, they feel too baggy on me. I now prefer a less baggy fit. No, not the Euro-metro-sexual ball bulging tight fit; just a relaxed fit without too much excess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast