Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tactical bottoms quality for every day hell.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I've become a huge fan of Kuhl. They have numerous styles, cuts, and colors to choose from. I have a few pairs for work and a few pairs for play. They've held up very well and are extremely comfortable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the suggestions, many are out of the budget but if I see a sale going on I'll look into them.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Another one to check out. These guys are blending the lines between performance outdoor clothes and workwear...

https://truewerktools.com/

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My Duluth Trading Company Carpenter jeans have been very tough and comfortable. They also mix in well with every day wear in polite company.

Feedback Score
    Try Rogueelite.com
    They have closeouts from the old Eotac clothing line, I'm a midget size my last purchase was something like 15 dollars a pair and they tossed it free shipping I bought like over 10 pairs of cargo pants,

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OK so I decided on Duluth Trading duluthflex firehose pants but if anyone here has an idea if they are true to size I need to know.

I'm 41-42" waist and plan to carry a g19 iwb.
    I'm afraid that me being so close to the edge of the pants size that it might be uncomfortable because the pants will be tight.

If I go up a size then I run into issues.

My current pants are Wrangler cotton cargo pants and they measure 36".

My Dickies shorts are 38 and they measure 38.

But with that same tape my waist is a 41-42 depending on which breath I'm on.

I don't need a belt to hold my bottoms up and I am able to fit my fist in the waistband somewhat easy.

Feedback Score
    So I've been using Mountain Khakis and Kuhls for a very long time, and have used everything from 5.11 (still like their newer Ridgeline ) and Duluth Trading (fell apart after a year) and Vertx and others. I mostly were my Mountain Khakis. I love these pants, not tactical in look but definitely hold up to almost anything I throw at them. Just wore my oldest pair today for a 3 mile hike with the dog. I find that the Slim pants in a size larger (for IWB) work best in the woods and for hunting. I've purchased 2 pair from amazon during the summer months for under $40 dollars. i love my Kulhs, but during a trip to the boundary waters and a carbine class the button on top of the zipper unlatches if I bend just right. While this could probably be solved by me reducing my beer gut, I find IPA and Pale Ale's to appealing to do so. Mountain Khaki is my go to pant for hard use and so far so good.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    80$+ is out of my range, as it is I'm getting a 20℅ discount for the Duluth pants.

70$ pants for 55$ is in my range, did you do the Duluth no bull guarantee for a return/replacement.

I see I can get the 511 Ridgeline pants for about the same price(only in green and I have to use earth tones for work) but what's 511s return like compared to Duluth?
    Last edited by Sidneyious; 02-13-17 at 14:44.

Feedback Score
    Didn't return the Duluth Trading. Lasted me a year or so, but a 3 day trek on the Ice Age trail put a small hole in the knee and just looked well used. Also, I had a Duluth Parka (Squall I think), the material in the elbows and shoulders broke down after a year or so letting the cold in. It was the greatest jacket for MN winter through year before that. Mountain Khakis are usually around $40 on Amazon during the summer. I know they're not cheap other wise. I wear a 36 in jeans and the 38s work awesome with my Steyr and Shield in a iwb.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've recently become a big fan of Mountain Khakis as well. Extremely comfortable. They have a promotive/experticity discount for .mil . I have found that their all cotton pants do shrink a little. I go 2" up from my normal for the waist.

Chubbs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast