Thread: Geissele Big Bertha

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Geissele Big Bertha

As the title says, Geissele Big Bertha 34MM scope mount. Is anyone running them, and if so, are they worth the money? I am looking at getting a Tikka T3 in 6.5CM and was looking at this, and just wondering who is running them and if they are pleased with them?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    IMHO complete overkill for a 6.5CM bolt rifle. I also think the Geissele mounts will put the scope too high for a factory T3 stock (unless you're talking about the T3 Tac with the chassis system).
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was planning on putting it on a KRG chassis but the rifle I am looking at is the T3X CTR. And I agree the mount may be overkill, it is designed for 300WM and above, but considering I can pick one up for 250 brand new right now, I am wondering if this would be a good purchase for now, and possibly move it to a higher caliber rifle down the line, if I end up going that direction?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have my Vortex Razor HDII mounted on my 6.5 RPR with one.

It is a nice mount. I agree with it being overkill but -
    - I want to get something in .338 Lapua down the road
    - I got it on sale

Make sure you have the rail space because it is a long mount.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Its not going to hurt anything, I have one of the regular ones and love them. Just might add a touch more weight, not sure if its would even be significant. Im not a low weight freak so it wouldn't matter to me.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Its not going to hurt anything, I have one of the regular ones and love them. Just might add a touch more weight, not sure if its would even be significant. Im not a low weight freak so it wouldn't matter to me.

PB
    I was curious because sometime this year I want to pick up the Tikka, but I don't have the rifle yet, just in the pipeline. I can get the big bertha for 263 which is a big discount on the normal price, but I am not sure that I want to spend the money up front before the rifle, if it is not stellar and amazing. I may just wait for another sale on the regular mounts. I missed my chance to pick one up for under 200. *kicks rocks*

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm running the standard extended 34mm mount on my Ruger RPR with a 5-25 scope. Very pleased with it so far. Perfect height for my RPR, simple install. Also have a 30mm extended mount on my DD5 that holds a NF 2.5-10. Very pleased with the mount on that rifle as well. Thinking of switching my Aero Ultralight that's currently on my KAC SR-15 for a 30mm Geissele extended.