Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feeding/Extraction issues

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Agreed 100%. I had a BCG that suffered an issue within a few hundred rounds. Bad ejector spring was the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Don't worry, Stan. The problem will return later. That's the trouble with a failing spring. You can clean and lube the rifle and the spring will start doing its job again and everything will work fine. Until the spring fatigues a little more and the problem returns. This cycle will repeat itself over and over enough times to have you thinking "but every time I have this problem, cleaning and lubing fixed it, do it just needs another cleaning and lubing." The intervals between "cleaning and lubing will grow shorter and shorter until, out of desperation, you finally replace the spring. I went through this on two different ARs before I learned my lesson. I ordered a bunch of extractor springs from Brownell's and replaced every extractor spring on every bolt.

So, you can replace your spring now and save yourself time, ammo and aggravation, or you can just press on and see what happens

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Don't BCM BCG's come with the BCM extra power extractor spring? Or no? I was under the impression all BCM BCG's came with the extra power springs standard.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane55 View Post
    Don't BCM BCG's come with the BCM extra power extractor spring? Or no? I was under the impression all BCM BCG's came with the extra power springs standard.
    Mine did not. It only came with a "standard" spring with insert installed and the o-ring not installed, but provided in a separate bubble of the plastic bag the bcg came in. When I replaced the spring with one that came in a 3 pack from BCM, the replacement was longer and to my eye beefier than the one that came in the BCG.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Mine did not. It only came with a "standard" spring with insert installed and the o-ring not installed, but provided in a separate bubble of the plastic bag the bcg came in. When I replaced the spring with one that came in a 3 pack from BCM, the replacement was longer and to my eye beefier than the one that came in the BCG.
    +1

I had this extraction issue with a new BCM upper with new BCM BCG. I installed the BCM extractor upgrade kit (spring, insert, o-ring) in the bolt which fixed the problem. The extractor spring that came out of the new BCM bolt was about a coil shorter than the extractor spring that came with the upgrade kit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    +1

I had this extraction issue with a new BCM upper with new BCM BCG. I installed the BCM extractor upgrade kit (spring, insert, o-ring) in the bolt which fixed the problem. The extractor spring that came out of the new BCM bolt was about a coil shorter than the extractor spring that came with the upgrade kit.
    Yeah your both right. I just checked my BCM upper and realized it came with a regular extractor. I'm gonna upgrade to the enhanced extractor. The enhanced extractor works fantastic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just pulled a couple of my bolts apart and checked the extractor springs, they look the same as the replacements BCM sells by themselves to me. Is there any definitive proof or is this conjecture al la TOS ?
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    Every bolt I've installed the BCM extractor upgrade on has functioned 100% perfectly, even with Tula and Wolf ammunition (I literally have not had a single malfunction with Tula or Wolf ammo after thousands of rounds). IMO its one of the best - if not the best - reliability upgrades there is for an AR and for only $4 it's a no brainier. Besides adding the enhanced extraction improvement it also should last a very long time since it's made out of chrome silicone. Another outstanding BCM product.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123