Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: INFORCE APL COMPACT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Has anybody seen these in the wild yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Optics Planet lists them, predicted shipping in 10-15 days at this point.

Inforce mentions that the mount is now made from aluminum instead of plastic, to solve the cracking problems of previous generations. But it's unclear to me whether that's included in the APL compact model or only the full size APL.
    Last edited by Wheelgun; 03-15-17 at 21:03.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Non glock apl compact should be released this summer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There were some serious improvements that needed to be made. I'm glad they are on the right track.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Just got off a chat session with Optics Planet. They have "plenty" in stock, and I got one for $97 and change by asking for a discount (-15%).

Feedback Score
    I bet it doesn't fit the HK45c. Of course, that is more of an indictment of HK than light manufacturers.
    Last edited by Sensei; 05-06-17 at 17:12.

Feedback Score
    Email in with Optics Planet to see if they offer a 1st responder discount. Sounds like they do. $97 sounds good

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Besides price, what's the advantage of this over a surefire xc1?

The xc1 has a very common battery (AAA) while the APL compact has a rare one (cr2). They are both listed at 200 lumens and 1.5 hr run time and both fit nicely on a g19.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Besides price, what's the advantage of this over a surefire xc1?

The xc1 has a very common battery (AAA) while the APL compact has a rare one (cr2). They are both listed at 200 lumens and 1.5 hr run time and both fit nicely on a g19.
    I think the two immediate advantages would be better switching and a brighter beam, and it will hopefully turn out to be more durable.

The XC1 switching was awful and the main reason I got rid of mine. The APL switches in the gen 2 full size light are much easier for me to use, and I can enable/disable constant on with one hand. Both the gen 3 and compact will use the same switches although the compact may feel a bit different.

Both lights have the same amount of lumens, but there are other factors that affect the real life performance of a beam. I believe Inforce claims the APL compact seem twice as bright as the XC1. I haven't seen one in person so I can't verify that, but I considered the XC1 to be on the very bottom of acceptable for a weapon light.

The XC1 also seemed to have a lot of durability issues. Nobody really knows how durable the APL compact will be at this point, but it seems that Inforce has made a lot of changes with their recent product line to make them more durable. The gen 2 WML line seems to have fixed a lot of the shortcomings of their previous generation, and it appears they've applied that knowledge to the new pistol lights as well.

That being said, the weird battery for the compact is definitely a disadvantage. That combined with the extra power of the full size gen 3 APL for not much extra size has me leaning that direction.

If I can't carry that comfortably for some reason I'll be going with the compact over another XC1 unless it proves to be unreliable.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dontshakepandas; 05-07-17 at 08:45.

Feedback Score
    Who is making a good kydex IWB holster for this? Might have to send one out to your holster maker of choice until they're in stock all over the place

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast