Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AR Trigger Grease

Feedback Score

Question AR Trigger Grease

I'm installing a new trigger in my AR-556. I need a good trigger grease to apply to the designated parts. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    BTW, a few people recommended the trigger grease in the link below. Opinions?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AeroShell-6-...3D152356863156
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    White lithium. Spray silicone. Graphite. Motor oil. What's your operating environment? I don't use anything other than a few smears of white lithium when assembling. No problems and smooth.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Personally when I've installed triggers as of late I've just used a little Slip 2000 EWG. Beyond that it has been the grease that was in the little vial that came with an ACT trigger that I got a few years back now. Prior to that, whatever lube that I had laying around. For what it is worth, I think the last SSA trigger I got from Geissele came with their purple go juice stuff, so take that for what it is worth. I wouldn't over think it personally.

As far as the grease you linked, never heard of the stuff. Which doesn't mean much, but for the sake of covering everything....
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If it's recommend like by mfg like it says in the ad than it should be gtg. I work on things with sheer forces in the 1000+ ft pound range. So most parts on a gun are easy to pick a lube for. The characteristics of a trigger dont call for much more than a lower viscosity grease with an acceptable upper and lower operation range. Like white lithium, or a silicone lube.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Aeroshell 6 is what Geissele uses (or used) with their triggers.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Aeroshell 6 is what Geissele uses (or used) with their triggers.
    I recall one of their CS reps sharing that with me a couple years ago. Those little tubes really last a long time, and the product works very well.

Now, with the introduction of their ALG grease, I wonder if they'll still continue to use/recommend Aeroshell, or swap to the "home brew".
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    A small tube of purpleish oil was included in my Geissele triggers. I assumed it is Go Juice.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I bought a huge tube of Mobil1 grease, it's pinkish. I use it liberally.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TaterTot View Post
    If it's recommend like by mfg like it says in the ad than it should be gtg. I work on things with sheer forces in the 1000+ ft pound range. So most parts on a gun are easy to pick a lube for. The characteristics of a trigger dont call for much more than a lower viscosity grease with an acceptable upper and lower operation range. Like white lithium, or a silicone lube.
    I'd like to know what forces are applied across the face of the sear just as the trigger breaks. It's gotta be up there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I'd like to know what forces are applied across the face of the sear just as the trigger breaks. It's gotta be up there.
    I just grabbed the tub of white lithium grease off the shelf in the garage. Used it on barrel threads, not on trigger group. Always just used whatever oil I had handy on the trigger group.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast