Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ambi mag release and other parts.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ^This^

And if you want to upgrade the mag release (button), check these out. Forward Controls EMR
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burls View Post
    https://www.botach.com/battle-steel-...i-mag-release/
    Norgon rip off, apparently only difference is a slightly weaker spring at the pivot point. Also its at Botach so buyer beware.
    I just ordered that as well as a couple other things from BOTACH. Shipped the next day and received within the week.

I already had a Troy and a KAC, so I bought the knock-off just to check it out. The Norgon knock-off works smoothly in the the garage, haven't had it to the range yet.

However, I am completely satisfied with the KAC. My only concern is that a piece of gear could possibly get under the lever and bend/break the lever. Even then the right side mag button would remain functional.

I am a lefty, so I have absolutely no use for a BAD. However, I do have SEEKINS extended bolts catches on several of my rifles. They are OK, I have big hands and can get on the extended paddle without shifting my grip, not sure about those with smaller hands.

I can reach the Troy just fine with my index/trigger finger and it would seem that someone with slightly shorter fingers could also.

Like most lefties, I learned on non-ambi rifles, so most of the time, other than selector manipulation, I use my lefty workarounds rather than the ambi controls.

If you are right handed and have use for the BAD, why are you concerned with an ambi mag release, if I might ask?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Get rid of the KNS pins, and get a Knights Armament Ambi Mag Release. You can use any standard mag button on the other side, so you don't have to use that ugly one.
    LOL - I had the Forward Controls extended mag release on the rifle I put the KAC safety on. I ended up taking the Forward Controls mag button off and putting it on my wife's rifle, I kind of liked the ugly button.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    LOL - I had the Forward Controls extended mag release on the rifle I put the KAC safety on. I ended up taking the Forward Controls mag button off and putting it on my wife's rifle, I kind of liked the ugly button.
    I use a Seekins mag button on all my rifles with the KAC.

I don't even get all the extra parts from the release I leave the other parts that come with it at my LGS when I buy them and he just takes money off it for me since he knows I hate it. I literally just take the release and the spring.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    I need an ambi mag release that will work with kns mod 1 pins and magpul bad lever yet still be reached with my finger.

The Troy looks unreachable and the norgon is to expensive.
    I'm a lefty and I have a couple of Troy Ambi mag releases. I've used them and tried out a Norgon and much prefer the Troy. No problem reaching it.

...looking forward to the Forward Controls EMR-A, though. Not sure if it will be BAD compatible. (Though that's not an issue for me.)
    "I don't just want gun rights... I want individual liberty, a culture of self-reliance....I want the whole bloody thing." - Kim du Toit

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm a lefty as well, which has me wondering, what do you need a BAD lever for?

I've never seen a lefty with a BAD.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    EMR-A, like the ABC/R, isn't designed to work with battery assist device type add-ons. Such add-ons to existing lower receiver parts have proved troublesome for some users and therefore were not considered for compatibility.

Anti-rotation pins were similarly not considered for compatibility, for reasons mentioned earlier by other esteemed members in this thread. It will work, but it wasn't by design.

It's also a matter of what we'd give up in the design in order to make it compatible with BAD type add-ons. The answer for us has consistently been that while it can be done, the gain / loss ratio doesn't favor the effort, and all this for an apparatus that can cause problems on some ARs.

I have no doubt BAD type devices work well for some, but I'm of the belief it alters the dynamics of the lower's interworking parts, with too many variables for them to perform reliably and consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    I'm a lefty and I have a couple of Troy Ambi mag releases. I've used them and tried out a Norgon and much prefer the Troy. No problem reaching it.

...looking forward to the Forward Controls EMR-A, though. Not sure if it will be BAD compatible. (Though that's not an issue for me.)
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    I'm a lefty as well, which has me wondering, what do you need a BAD lever for?

I've never seen a lefty with a BAD.
    Not sure if you were asking me. BAD compatibility is not an issue for me...because I don't use them.
    "I don't just want gun rights... I want individual liberty, a culture of self-reliance....I want the whole bloody thing." - Kim du Toit

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I have no doubt BAD type devices work well for some, but I'm of the belief it alters the dynamics of the lower's interworking parts, with too many variables for them to perform reliably and consistently.
    Roger has always been an incredible diplomat. This is what I was alluding to when I originally asked the question. The BAD levers have been talked about here ad nauseam as well. Anything that can muck up the defensive capabilities of an otherwise reliable weapon doesn't get much love here.

Unless you're worried about a registered lower, or you have something out of spec, the anti-walk pins are an unnecessary gimmick. If you do have a registered lower, be sure to post pics in the Class 3 thread. :-)
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As a lefty myself, I deem the BAD lever a complete waste of money and useless. As far as ambi-mag releases go, my favorite is the Troy, KAC is #2, and the Norgon is a #8. The Norgon is so stiff it's almost impossible to eject a loaded mag.

Also, I would ditch the KNS pins asap. Almost everyone new to AR's gets swindled into buying them (myself included back in 2007). Colossal waste of money; I've had mil-spec triggers break but never a trigger or hammer pin.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast