Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ambi mag release and other parts.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My favorite (until our EMR-A comes out) is the Norgon. But like most things in life, it isn't perfect, it only has one problem which Dave above mentioned. Its lever is very short and can be difficult to press. Norgon Ambi-Catch doesn't rock/pivot on the receiver and is quite compact, if its lever was slightly longer, it would have addressed the difficult to press issue, and the lever/paddle could become larger.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    My favorite (until our EMR-A comes out) is the Norgon. But like most things in life, it isn't perfect, it only has one problem which Dave above mentioned. Its lever is very short and can be difficult to press. Norgon Ambi-Catch doesn't rock/pivot on the receiver and is quite compact, if its lever was slightly longer, it would have addressed the difficult to press issue, and the lever/paddle could become larger.
    When is the release of your EMR A coming out? If it's anything like your other products I can't wait.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Usable steel prototypes should be done in a week or two, after that, 4 to 6 weeks, barring any minor changes of which there had been a few, mostly to make it more efficient and less expensive to produce
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Usable steel prototypes should be done in a week or two, after that, 4 to 6 weeks, barring any minor changes of which there had been a few, mostly to make it more efficient and less expensive to produce
    Any small preview we can see?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I'm eagerly anticipating this release since I'm a lefty. I'm currently running a KAC ambi but I'm not a fan of how it pivots on the receiver.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I think I read that the EMR-A pivots on the receiver, too, FWIW.
    "I don't just want gun rights... I want individual liberty, a culture of self-reliance....I want the whole bloody thing." - Kim du Toit

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you are interested in the sig, it will be very difficult with any kind of lever. I had an EBAL on mine for a while, and it pretty much negated the left side of the mag release.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    EMR-A does pivot on the receiver, the same way Troy's and KAC's ambi mag catches do. This isn't an attempt to deflect and redirect (like Hillary Clinton trying to deflect her use of private server by pointing out Collin Powell used his personal email couple of times), the EMR-A was designed at a time when Norgon's patent hadn't expired, and even now that it has expired, I wouldn't think of copying it.

EMR-A has seen one major redesign, and several minor ones. As much as I wanted to bring it to market quickly, in hindsight it's perhaps just as well that it spent more time in development, we've had plenty of time to tweak and refine it.

That it will rock on the receiver means it's automatically excluded from consideration for some.

EMR-A's paddle is quite a bit larger than most ambi mag catches, which, combined with its carefully thought out shape, makes it easier to press. The paddle's location on the left is close that of the right side mag release button, this is by design. As a result, we made the paddle as large as function would dictate and taste would permit to facilitate its movement.

When it's incorporated into a receiver, it'll no longer pivot on the receiver. A Forward Controls designed upper and lower will see the light of day one day
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    When it's incorporated into a receiver, it'll no longer pivot on the receiver. A Forward Controls designed upper and lower will see the light of day one day
    Look forward to that!
    "I don't just want gun rights... I want individual liberty, a culture of self-reliance....I want the whole bloody thing." - Kim du Toit

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Read the first comment about the EMR-A and immediately clicked on the FC site to see if I could buy one... This is why reading all the posts is critical.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast