Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ambi mag release and other parts.

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I'm not sure if there was a choice when Norgon was given an NSN, regardless of that, it is a very good and robust design, I used it for more than 10 years and had always been my favorite.
    ofcourse the govt didn't have a choice. other brands just had poor designs regardless of quality.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HMsailor View Post
    ofcourse the govt didn't have a choice. other brands just had poor designs regardless of quality.
    I doubt the norgon would still get the pick, by most people's standards, mine included the Norgon is the worst compared to the options we have today. The FCD and the KAC are far superior, with the FCD having the slight edge, but just because they have a NSN doesn't mean anything, it did at the time it was tested and chosen, but not now.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    There is obviously not much wrong with the KAC or Norgon offering imho, however I do believe the new EMR-C design is overall more refined, and has more depth in it's design features. It's really amazing how much minutia detail goes into everything Duffy engineers. After years of using his kit, I can instantly spot a product of his by the depth of design, and the OCD like perfection that he uses to create the flawless surfaces, and how deeply black the finishes always are. Really beautifully crafted small parts.

I'm a lefty who uses SR 15 IWS lowers about 90-95% of the time, as I find their left handed controls to be perfectly streamlined into the natural design of the AR lower. Combine that with the fact that in the past I've felt the previous ambi mag releases felt to un-natural, or even potentially impairing the function of the rifle like bolt catch interference issues...I have just dealt with my standard lowers that I still use on a limited basis.

Having said the above now, the moment I installed this new EMR-C and function checked it.......I knew right away it was something very different in feel to the past options I've played with to include ones like the KAC, and Norgon offering.

Two things....first, this mag release feels extremely natural, and comfortable to operate. Secondly, this is a significantly more robust designed mag release over anything I've seen, aftermarket or the OEM design. The stiffer spring, the roll pin on steroids, and last but not least the no expense spared materials/finish used on it. It checks both boxes: The one for enhanced ability/performance, and the other one this forum cares about...the reliability/hard use rated box.

Few obligatory pics, and a redneck video briefly talking about the new EMR-C, and more importantly showing potential newer users how easy of an install this part is.

Last edited by ALCOAR; 05-29-17 at 15:45.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you Trident!

The latest review from Highjak86
    Last edited by Duffy; 06-05-17 at 10:04.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Seems to be the common sentiment among users

As mentioned earlier, the EMR-A was designed for use with any factory bolt catch. New generations of bolt catch, such as our own ABC/R, makes accessing the bolt catch's lower paddle more intuitive and easier.

The relief on the EMR-A lever (immediately below the bolt catch's lower paddle) was designed to create more clearance for lower paddle access, though in practice, the lever is already sufficiently low profiled for unimpeded bolt catch access.

Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678