View Poll Results: Do you use the cargo pocket?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

55 82.09%
  • No

12 17.91%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Do you actually use a cargo pocket?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Spring through early fall 90% of the time I'm in Sam's cargo shorts because they are cheap, tough, have a perfect phone pocket behind the right cargo pocket. And if I need to stuff something in the cargo pockets (nuts/bolts, hand tools, para cord, light, whatever) for my daily chores I can do so.

Harder to find long pants with similar, so I tend toward Dickies canvas, Wrangler Rigs, etc. Pockets less useful, but if they sold them with cargo pockets I'd use them.

Feedback Score
    I wear jeans a lot but I love my cargo pants and shorts for the functionality cargo pockets offer. I like using one as a dump pouch for my wallet, keys, phone, trash etc. and the other for a small trauma kit (Quikclot, TQ, Small Pressure bandage). I go for the non operator looking ones usually because I like to stay off duty and not look like a mall ninja so I stick with things like dickies cargo pants and the like and not 5.11s although if It came down to it, I wouldn't really care.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    This.

/endthread

Without pockets, regular pants are good for one thing, and one thing only: Not being naked.
    I like it.

I work in a hospital and wear Vertx as much as I can. Even bought scrubs with cargo pockets. Stethoscope, patient list, pulse oximeter, gloves, napkins, cell phone whatever I can.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I shun and despise the tacticool looks. There's a guy at work that has his CPL and dutifully carries everyday. Everyday he wears boots, cargo pants, T-shirt and an untucked, unzipped hoodie or flannel topped with a baseball cap emblazoned with someone's wares. Nice guy but he looks like "that guy".

I carry daily a knife, small flashlight, a lighter, phone, and keys, with, of course, a wallet. All fits concealed neatly in a clean pair of Wrangler carpenter jeans. I can do without the hammer loop but IMO looks neater than cargo pants without the tacticool look.

P.S. I voted no.
    Last edited by Butch; 03-11-17 at 06:28. Reason: added p.s.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm not big on the mall-ninja look they can sometimes offer, but I liked using the right cargo pocket as a dump pouch during my 11B days so I get the functionality.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by travistheone View Post
    Do you actually use a cargo pocket?
    Do you actually use an ass pocket?

Thick wallet's filled with useless crap have caused more spinal injuries than any cargo pockets have. I knew a guy that would sit on his wallet and his right ass cheek was about two inches higher than his left one. Never figured out why he always had lower back pain.

I use my cargo pockets daily; spare ccw mag, tube of lip balm, Bic ligher, SF E1L, small bottle of eye drops, cell phone, and wallet.

For some reason this thread reminded me of . . .

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    That picture could have been take in town this weekend. March Madness seems to attract them.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I'm not sure what's wrong with dressing nicely like the above pic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I'm not sure what's wrong with dressing nicely like the above pic.
    I think the message being portrayed is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZmCJUSC6g

My only question is why MooseKnuckle noticed one of the guy's ass cheeks was higher than the other.

Not being judgmental, just an observation.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 03-18-17 at 11:27.

Feedback Score
    I don't wear anything with cargo pockets except for pants when I'm doing something outdoors, ie. fishing, hiking, range. If I'm wearing shorts they're khaki golf shorts. If I'm wearing pants, it's starched jeans. Gotta have that crease! However to answer the question when I do wear them I've put, beanies, gloves, magazines, knives, IFAK, wallet, phone, snuff, hats, fresh socks, terminal tackle, flashlights, underwear, and the best thing I've ever put in cargo pockets.... while wade fishing in the gulf, live shrimp for bait....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast