Thread: 2017 GTG parts list help

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

2017 GTG parts list help

I'm looking to build a Government 1911 on a Caspian custom frame and slide. I've read a few parts lists(cylinder and slide and the 10-8) but they are older and I wanted to know before I start pulling together parts if there's a good updated list of quality parts around? And just to head a few possible responses off, the point is for me to build it myself. I'm mostly looking for reliability then accuracy.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Well you can't go wrong with any part from Ed Brown, Wilson, or Caspian. In my experience I've preferred Eb Brown and Caspian parts for the upgrades I've done. I've also used a good amount of factory Colt parts. They're not always in stock but when they are buy what you like and go from there.

Additionally, if you're looking for quality internals with a minimal amount of fitting or tuning required look at Colt parts. I've found their hammers, sears, and disconnectors fit pretty well right of the bat and give a decent trigger pull. I always have an extra set of a Colt hammer, sear, and disconnector in the parts box.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    That rifle has won trophies for its game face alone!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Look at EGW as well.
    Top quality parts used by many smiths.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I suggest ordering the free Brownells 1911 parts catalog. If the parts aren't in there, I tend to steer clear of them.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Extreme engineering has pretty nice hammer sear sets. Caspian slide and frame can be fit by them if you want to save yourself a headache. Kart ez-fit barrels are nice too. Dawson Precision for sights. S&A grip safeties are pre5easy to do as well. Good luck with your adventure. Also buy the Kuhnhausen books first.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks I got the Kuhnhausen manuals which is probably what kicked me into gear about working on this. It will probably be a long project but I'll try to throw pictures up when I'm done even if its not pretty.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Best ignition kit: Harrison Design True Radius
    Just about everything else: Harrison Design, EGW or Wilson BP
    Life is full of choices. I choose Noveske.