Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SilencerCo $200 Rebate

Feedback Score

SilencerCo $200 Rebate

Just got an email saying that SilencerCo is offering a $200 credit to spend in their web store with each silencer purchase. Does this remind anyone else of AAC's "Damn the Man" sale a few years back? I didn't participate in it but seem to remember lots of unsatisfied customers. Hopefully it's not a sign that SilencerCo is heading the way of AAC.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sorry for being late to the party, but could you please provide a brief overview of AAC's decline? I will be picking up my m4-2k in a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger86 View Post
    Sorry for being late to the party, but could you please provide a brief overview of AAC's decline? I will be picking up my m4-2k in a few weeks.

Used to be an industry leader by pushing the boundaries of new technologies. Then they sold the company to Remington and had a falling out with the owner and all the others that made the company special. Now they make meh cans with terrible mounts for decent prices (no offense).

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Are they not the same mounts that were used before Remington bought them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plinkerr View Post
    Used to be an industry leader by pushing the boundaries of new technologies. Then they sold the company to Remington and had a falling out with the owner and all the others that made the company special. Now they make meh cans with terrible mounts for decent prices (no offense).
    No offence taken, thank you for the reply.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    There is another thread about a supposed layoff of many employees at Silencerco. I hope they are not in trouble as I have an Omega and several accessories. I was about to order a Sparrow or Spectre .22 can but am wondering if I should hold off for a bit?

Feedback Score
    My experience with Silencer Co has been outstanding. Had to send an Omega in for a repair a while back and just sent my Sparrow in for maintenance, both free of charge and with quick turnaround. I've heard AAC customer service is difficult to get a hold of.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Is this the SilencerCo promo where you get $200 SilencerCo gift card for use on SilencerCo products? I was hoping it was a true rebate hat would offset the tax stamp.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plinkerr View Post
    The 762-SDN-6 and TiRant 45 still come up as some of the best performing in class and are still highly recommended. The mounts are the same pre-remington sale. They haven't really innovated anything post sale, I'll give you that. But they have been coming up with alternate versions of some of their more popular cans; which are still yielding positive reviews and competitive levels of Db reduction.

I'm by NO means an AAC fanboy but I do find it comical that since Remington bought them a lot of people automatically began hating them and claiming their quality declined. I'm only posting this because I have been doing a lot of research for a multi-caliber pistol can and one of the two most highly recommended ones and the best performing one is the TiRant 45, so clearly they are still doing something right. As far as customer service goes, I've contacted them twice within the last years (suppressor cover question and caliber compatibility question) and both times they responded that same day.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 02-09-17 at 19:01.

Feedback Score
    Adding to the AAC comments. The SDN6 is definitely one of the better values out there. Although I would love to be able to afford an offering from KAC or alike, the SDN6 has held up well thus far, mounts have been fine for the 5 that I have (I don't ratchet mine down, but rather hold the release in and tighten/loosen and it keeps the teeth from wearing out on the mount/tab), and they are pretty quiet for their size. The price was great and performance has been, IMHO, better than par. I too am not an AAC "fan boy", just bought one when they were on sale for cheap, and was pleasantly surprised how well it is done.

I would not steer someone away from one if they were thinking about it, especially if they are sub $500.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast