Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SilencerCo $200 Rebate

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plinkerr View Post
    Just got an email saying that SilencerCo is offering a $200 credit to spend in their web store with each silencer purchase. Does this remind anyone else of AAC's "Damn the Man" sale a few years back? I didn't participate in it but seem to remember lots of unsatisfied customers. Hopefully it's not a sign that SilencerCo is heading the way of AAC.
    I had a few "damn the man" certificates as I jumped into the NFA bandwagon full on during that promo. The experience of trying to use these certificates was so frustrating that I will not buy AAC products again (products out of stock for nearly a year, when in stock received wrong size/thread, parts ordered but not shipped for 4+ months). Granted this was during their "move" to Freedom group and Nick B. from AAC customer service was truly trying to help, but it was enough to keep my dollars going to silencerco instead.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    There is another thread about a supposed layoff of many employees at Silencerco. I hope they are not in trouble as I have an Omega and several accessories. I was about to order a Sparrow or Spectre .22 can but am wondering if I should hold off for a bit?
    I wouldn't be worried about the first lay off. If they get to #2 start worrying and #3 for sure wonder if they'll be around. Generally speaking the first lay off cuts dead wood, the second cuts the remainder along with trimming a little green and the third is only cutting live branches.

Nate
    NAAH Tool Works
    Naahtoolworks@gmail.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Is this the SilencerCo promo where you get $200 SilencerCo gift card for use on SilencerCo products? I was hoping it was a true rebate hat would offset the tax stamp.
    It's actually even worse than that. It's a $200 store credit, only to be used on their site. Have to use it all at once, and can't use it during any of their (fairly decent) sales. The fine print from their website:

All discount codes expire at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on December 31, 2017. Code is one-time use – balance cannot be carried over for future orders – use it or lose it. Not for use on Pro Deal purchases; not valid in conjunction with other discounts or promotions; not valid during sale events (such as Black Friday, Father’s Day Sale, etc.) Customer must abide by all state and federal regulations. Void where prohibited.

Now, if you're buying your first can and need a couple muzzle devices or pistons, it's a decent way to get them. Hopefully they keep stuff in stock better than AAC did. Lots of people ended up just buying t-shirts and other stuff from AAC, or selling the rebates for ~$125 on ARFCOM.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They could also offer absolutely nothing... I'd take this one as a win.

I've had my eye on an Omega, but I would need three muzzle devices. This one may push me over the top as the pair I would need to buy would effectively be free.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    The gemtech gemtax has been doing this for years. Psycho, as usual is late to the party I'm trying to copy somebody else's successful marketing techniques

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    It's actually even worse than that. It's a $200 store credit, only to be used on their site. Have to use it all at once, and can't use it during any of their (fairly decent) sales. The fine print from their website:

All discount codes expire at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on December 31, 2017. Code is one-time use – balance cannot be carried over for future orders – use it or lose it. Not for use on Pro Deal purchases; not valid in conjunction with other discounts or promotions; not valid during sale events (such as Black Friday, Father’s Day Sale, etc.) Customer must abide by all state and federal regulations. Void where prohibited.

Now, if you're buying your first can and need a couple muzzle devices or pistons, it's a decent way to get them. Hopefully they keep stuff in stock better than AAC did. Lots of people ended up just buying t-shirts and other stuff from AAC, or selling the rebates for ~$125 on ARFCOM.
    Pays due diligence to read the fine print. I don't see the point of the rebate. Doesn't do a thing for me.
    Hopefully no one gets a nasty surprise...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Lmao this is hilarious. Unfortunately mostly true.lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    If you want to use the promo, use a retailer with a discount plus the SiCo offer. I noticed Capital Armory has the Omega for $250 off retail PLUS the SiCo coupon.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershilone View Post
    I had a few "damn the man" certificates as I jumped into the NFA bandwagon full on during that promo. The experience of trying to use these certificates was so frustrating that I will not buy AAC products again (products out of stock for nearly a year, when in stock received wrong size/thread, parts ordered but not shipped for 4+ months). Granted this was during their "move" to Freedom group and Nick B. from AAC customer service was truly trying to help, but it was enough to keep my dollars going to silencerco instead.
    Same here. I waited a year and half for the 9" Blackout barrels to be in stock. And then you couldn't combine the credits, they didn't cover shipping and with everything being OOS I made up my mind that I was finished with AAC.
    This promotion sounds a lot like that. I would buy something today if SiCo would use the $200 to cover the transfer tax.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast