Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sig 226 MK25 Range day

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bear13 View Post
    I am guessing jerking the trigger is firing fast? If so, you are severely limiting the sigs potential without the srt. You are not losing that much putting the non phosphate srt stuff in. They are very tiny pieces and short of a salt water bath you are gtg. Also e2 grips make a HUGE difference for smaller hand folks. Both of these additions are factory sig and come on sig pistols. The only thing I changed on mine were them and it makes it a hell of a shooter.
    Not fast firing...intentional poor trigger pull.The Beretta seems unfazed by spastic trigger manipulation compared to the Sig. The Sig is a better instructor...every mistake shows.In rapid fire the Sig seems to pop magically back on target more so than the Beretta. I think the SRT would improve it...but I want to see how well I can manipulate the Sig without it first. Truth be told, I think better sights would be where I go first if I ever modify it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you do change sights I recommend the new Trijicon HD XRs. I swapped my stock P226/229 Legion sights for 2 sets of the XRs...much better. The stock front sight on the Legion guns is too wide for my tastes.

Just picked up a MK25 RX two weeks ago. Really enjoying this thing! It's my first pistol with a RDS, and so far I'm digging it. No issues losing the dot, shooting at speed or anything. Makes those tight 20+ yard shots much easier than standard irons. I swapped the grips for Hogue Extreme G10s (same design as the Legion grips), I have a SRT kit and a 18# hammer spring I'm going to install when I finally get around to cleaning it. Close to 1K with no cleaning and no issues so far. It's a shooter.

Attachment 44277

Sorry for the sideways pic...posted from my iPhone and it never orients the photos correctly.

Feedback Score
    I would definitely opt for the SRT as the Legion has the best feeling factory trigger of any DA/SA gun I've ever fired.

Feedback Score
    140 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    If you do change sights I recommend the new Trijicon HD XRs. I swapped my stock P226/229 Legion sights for 2 sets of the XRs...much better. The stock front sight on the Legion guns is too wide for my tastes.

Just picked up a MK25 RX two weeks ago. Really enjoying this thing! It's my first pistol with a RDS, and so far I'm digging it. No issues losing the dot, shooting at speed or anything. Makes those tight 20+ yard shots much easier than standard irons. I swapped the grips for Hogue Extreme G10s (same design as the Legion grips), I have a SRT kit and a 18# hammer spring I'm going to install when I finally get around to cleaning it. Close to 1K with no cleaning and no issues so far. It's a shooter.

Attachment 44277

Sorry for the sideways pic...posted from my iPhone and it never orients the photos correctly.
    Where'd you pickup the HD XR sights for the Sig?
    You dig your grave with your fork.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    Where'd you pickup the HD XR sights for the Sig?
    Midway USA. Have them on my 226 & 229 Legion and on my West German P228. Excellent sights.

Feedback Score
    which 226 comes with RDS & SRT?
    How does the RDS that comes on the 226 compare to the trijicon rmr?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    which 226 comes with RDS & SRT?
    How does the RDS that comes on the 226 compare to the trijicon rmr?
    Don't think any of them do. I added the SRT kit to my MK25 RX. Don't have a lot of time behind a RMR but I'm enjoying my Romeo 1 so far. Have almost 1,000 rounds through it with no issues losing brightness or flickering. I'll wait till I have greater than 5,000 behind the Romeo 1 before I speak on durability.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 03-08-17 at 12:49.

Feedback Score
    Don't sweat the "phosphate internals", I carried a used and abused .gov p228 for salt water boat patrol one summer in Maine. Lots of splash exposure. The only rust prone areas were the factory night sights and grip screws.
    For some tips on da/sa manipulation, YouTube Ernest Langdon. Lots of helpful material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clayb2004 View Post
    I would definitely opt for the SRT as the Legion has the best feeling factory trigger of any DA/SA gun I've ever fired.
    Yes...I made the mistake of handling a SAO legion Saturday. I bought it and shot it Sunday with excellent results. It is a fantastic pistol
    and much, much easier to shoot very accurately than the MK25. I really, really love the trigger. I did very well with the legion sights too.
    The SAO Legion is good to go right out of the box.
    It was very fast in rapid fire too...I am very pleased.

I still think the MK25 is better for high stress because it is simple to put into action and double strike capable...but the legion is definitely
    closer in bias to a range/competition gun and I shot it really well.

Feedback Score
    Imagine the money Sig would make with a SAO Legion P229...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast