This is the second time I have used my new Sig.The first time was out doors and I ran 50 rounds thru it.I found it more difficult to shoot accurately with than my M9A3.But last time out was the first with a handgun since 1994 or so.

I sucked...badly.

I am trying several new things at once and that combined with my long hiatus was very humbling.First, my left eye is strongly dominant...and nearsighted too.But as luck would have it the sights are both crisp and clear!Of course, the target is blurry.This is the first time I have decided to buckle down and shoot cross dominant.In the past I used my right eye and glasses...this time around I am using no corrective lenses.These pistols are also my first DA/SA handguns...so that is new.
Also in the past I used very highly tuned bullseye guns with bomar sights and perfect triggers.Adapting to sights with white dots and narrow for the rear sight front posts ups the challenge.

I benched the Sig and it shoots exactly where I point it so every stray is completely my fault.After burning 200+ rounds today I left feeling better.My groups are rapidly shrinking and as a bonus the trigger has improved...it is very sweet in SA now.This gun is hilarious for quick follow up shots and rapid fire groups were the same size as slow fire.I really look forward to becoming proficient with these handguns and I think I can do it in 5 or 6 more visits.

The Sig has had zero malfunctions and is very accurate...and very entertaining too!My best groups were fired with one hand.....so much work lies ahead.But driving the Sig is proving to be an excellent instructor.

She is clean and greased up for tomorrow.

I am looking forward to it a lot!!!