Thread: Glock 22 Gen 4 magazines with #10 follower

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Glock 22 Gen 4 magazines with #10 follower

I just purchased a new G22 Gen 4. While giving it a once over I noticed that the magazines all have a #10 follower.

However, magazines I just purchased separately all have a #9 follower.

Does anyone know if Glock is making this a permanent change? Are these followers compatible with the older, non-ambi cut magazines?

These are the newer style magazines with the ambi-cut without the metal showing if that helps.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I'm not following your question exactly but all new mags will be compatible with all models of guns from gen 4 to 1. If there are #10 followers I'm sure they're going to be the newest gen and will be a perm. change.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I know the magazines are compatible through all generations.

However, in the past there have been issues using newer followers in older style magazines. That's the main question.

Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    I'm not following your question exactly but all new mags will be compatible with all models of guns from gen 4 to 1. If there are #10 followers I'm sure they're going to be the newest gen and will be a perm. change.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    The #10 followers have been out for at least a year. Our agency bought new pistols last year and they all came with #10s. I suppose there are still some #9s sitting out there. Either way, the #9 and #10 were both sold with gen 4 guns and should be fine.