Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 226 MK25 Range day

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bear13 View Post
    My mk25 was easily my most accurate shooting pistol for me. Congrats and keep running rounds down range.
    I was so poor today I benched it and it hit EXACTLY where it was aimed...It is a wonderful pistol.My last 2 groups today were gratifying when I really tried and focused hard.I am starting to love this pistol...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GregP220 View Post
    You probably won't enjoy it (initially) but try shooting nothing but DA the next time you go out. It won't take very long before you get really accurate with that first shot.

The side benefit is, you'll know how to run any trigger you encounter after mastering the DA pull.

I spent 8 years carrying striker fired pistols and I had convinced myself that I "needed" a consistent trigger pull on every shot. It ain't the case.

I think you are correct.But I am frankly horrified by how much my skills have disappeared since I was in my 30's.Very soon I will try your suggestion.Today I shot 80 rounds...the first 4 targets were very average...but the last 2 groups on the final target showed I am finally getting used to the sights...and slowly coming back to where I was.These groups were better than any unmodified centerfire pistol I have shot before so I am very pleased.I shoot 10 shot groups BTW.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickStrike View Post
    I'm the opposite. I shoot faster and slightly more accurate with the mk-25 vs the M9A3. Even though the beretta fits my hands better and the trigger feels lighter.

Been dry firing the italian gun a bit. Will take them both out next time and see.

The internals on my mk-25's doesnt seem to be phosphate coated so I installed the SRT in one of them. Much better with the shorter reset imo.
    My understanding was the little anchor on the side of the Mk25 indicates that the internals are nitrided for better resistance to saltwater exposure. The SRT evidently doesn't get the same treatment. But since I don't plan on going for a swim with my pistol, it's fairly academic to me. Worst case, I can always drop the stock trigger back in my Mk25 if for some reason nitrided internals trumps the shorter reset. For now, I love the SRT. Shot it side-by-side with my father-in-law's stock Mk25, and while both are excellent, I definitely enjoyed the SRT more.
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 02-11-17 at 20:44.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    My understanding was the little anchor on the side of the Mk25 indicates that the internals are nitrided for better resistance to saltwater exposure. The SRT evidently doesn't get the same treatment. But since I don't plan on going for a swim with my pistol, it's fairly academic to me. Worst case, I can always drop the stock trigger back in my Mk25 if for some reason nitrided internals trumps the shorter reset. For now, I love the SRT. Shot it side-by-side with my father-in-law's stock Mk25, and while both are excellent, I definitely enjoyed the SRT more.
    I know on my 227with factory un modified internals and the srt, the sa trigger feels better when shooting. be it by thumb cock or after the reset. I do not know why. It just does, but i like it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The SRT is a significant performance improvement for most shooters when it comes to rapidly and accurately putting rounds on target. My FAST drill times are on average 0.5-0.75 sec faster with an SRT quipped trigger over my Berettas or non-SRT Sig, and closer to a second faster than my HKs. My new P226 Legion SAO is rediculous fast, but I've not had the opportunity put it under the timer yet as I'm waiting on a holster from JM Custom.

The P226/229 lines has been issued to hundreds of thousands of LEOs across the world without nitride internals. Those guns have withstood the elements from every continent in the world. Unless you plan to repeatedly storm Myrtle Beach, I'd enjoy the SRT without worry of any corrosion issues.
    Last edited by Sensei; 02-12-17 at 08:46.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cistercian View Post
    I think you are correct.But I am frankly horrified by how much my skills have disappeared since I was in my 30's.Very soon I will try your suggestion.Today I shot 80 rounds...the first 4 targets were very average...but the last 2 groups on the final target showed I am finally getting used to the sights...and slowly coming back to where I was.These groups were better than any unmodified centerfire pistol I have shot before so I am very pleased.I shoot 10 shot groups BTW.
    My OCD is killing me. You really need to put a space after the punctuation at the end of every sentence before you start another one.

It makes it easier to read as well.

Congrats on the new pistol. Shoot it as much as you can!

Feedback Score
    The original parts that I replaced with the SRT kit did not look phosphated. More like a slick blued finish. I live in CO and my guns don't really rust so it's not that big of a deal.

I also polished some of the contact points in the same direction as the sliding motion (not against the grain) + SRT, much better than my stock MK-25 or berettas IMO. Resulting in a much smoother pull in DA, without changing springs and such.

Now if I could find a sight combination that would give me POA=POI @ 25 yards...

Feedback Score
    Back to the range today...my groups have really shrunk and I am very pleased. I fired the beretta today and was very happy with the accuracy. I definitely shoot it better than the sig when it comes to accuracy. I like the sights on it a lot more than the siglights. But the ergos of the sig are superior...the decocker is wonderful on the sig...and I am better in rapid fire with the sig now.

I love both of them...if you have smaller hands the M9A3 is the one to get...but the sig is excellent too.I tried jerking the trigger a bit on the beretta and found it much more forgiving than the sig is. In slow fire the beretta is very easy to shoot well and the sig requires precise handling and to get good results. The time spent really bearing down and concentrating on accuracy with the sig has really helped me.

They are both epic pistols.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickStrike View Post
    The original parts that I replaced with the SRT kit did not look phosphated. More like a slick blued finish. I live in CO and my guns don't really rust so it's not that big of a deal.

I also polished some of the contact points in the same direction as the sliding motion (not against the grain) + SRT, much better than my stock MK-25 or berettas IMO. Resulting in a much smoother pull in DA, without changing springs and such.

Now if I could find a sight combination that would give me POA=POI @ 25 yards...

I like chrome lined barrels and the corrosion resistance of the internals on the MK25. I don't live near the sea but I am in the mountains and it can get very humid...lots of fog. It is nice not to worry as much about the enemy, namely rust! I might buy a stainless elite...I think it comes with the srt but I seriously doubt I actually need it. I feel well equipped now.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cistercian View Post
    Back to the range today...my groups have really shrunk and I am very pleased. I fired the beretta today and was very happy with the accuracy. I definitely shoot it better than the sig when it comes to accuracy. I like the sights on it a lot more than the siglights. But the ergos of the sig are superior...the decocker is wonderful on the sig...and I am better in rapid fire with the sig now.

I love both of them...if you have smaller hands the M9A3 is the one to get...but the sig is excellent too.I tried jerking the trigger a bit on the beretta and found it much more forgiving than the sig is. In slow fire the beretta is very easy to shoot well and the sig requires precise handling and to get good results. The time spent really bearing down and concentrating on accuracy with the sig has really helped me.

They are both epic pistols.
    I am guessing jerking the trigger is firing fast? If so, you are severely limiting the sigs potential without the srt. You are not losing that much putting the non phosphate srt stuff in. They are very tiny pieces and short of a salt water bath you are gtg. Also e2 grips make a HUGE difference for smaller hand folks. Both of these additions are factory sig and come on sig pistols. The only thing I changed on mine were them and it makes it a hell of a shooter.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast