Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RMR - 3.25 or 6.5 MOA Red-Dot on a Glock Pistol???

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I was considering a 6.25. Even bought one and had L&m put it on my 19 slide but I found the dot too big. I think a 5.5 MOA dot would be just right considering how frequently matches with handguns are lost by 0.75" at 100 yards.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have had great success with the Trijicon RM06 3.25 MOA RMR on my FN FNX 45 Tactical. I am installing the RM06 on my Glock 19 once I receive my frame back from being milled.

Feedback Score
    I doubt it will effect Performance and is a preference thing .

A big dot won't make you miss, a small don't won't by difficult to pick up. I find big dots annoying. Ymmv.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have a RM06, and find it fine as far as size goes. If you want bigger then I think that's where a triangular shaped sight might be beneficial where you can dial in your point of aim / point of impact to the top point for distance shooting.

Feedback Score
    Bigger dot, fast acquisition.

Even with my larger MOA dot, I hit inside a 6-8" shoot n see, 50 yards.

I tried grouping at 100 yards, 9mm, but it was not match ammo. It was around 9" as a group from a rest. Pretty crappy. It was 10" low, zeroed for 10 yards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    Bigger dot, fast acquisition.

Even with my larger MOA dot, I hit inside a 6-8" shoot n see, 50 yards.

I tried grouping at 100 yards, 9mm, but it was not match ammo. It was around 9" as a group from a rest. Pretty crappy. It was 10" low, zeroed for 10 yards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Have you verified this with a timer?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just got an RM07 on an M&P and I find it really good. My Aimpoints are 2 moa dots but I can see using my rifle at 200-300 yards in the real world... when the zombies come :-p I can't imagine using my pistol at that distance so even a 6.5" circle at 100 yards seems precise enough for me.

Side question; What do you guys zero your pistol mounted MRDSs at?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    25 yd for now. I would zero further but unlike a rifle accuracy degrades to where zero doesn't matter much. I would not take a precise shot past 25 yd. Using Glock 9mm.

Feedback Score
    There's a faster combat acquisition with a larger MOA. Obviously, Precision is sacrificed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Both of my RMRs are zeroed at 10m. Upon recommendation of someone smarter than me, I'm probably going to re-zero at 15.

The RM07 has a huge dot. The 1.6" of "target obstruction" at 25m is very distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Just got an RM07 on an M&P and I find it really good. My Aimpoints are 2 moa dots but I can see using my rifle at 200-300 yards in the real world... when the zombies come :-p I can't imagine using my pistol at that distance so even a 6.5" circle at 100 yards seems precise enough for me.

Side question; What do you guys zero your pistol mounted MRDSs at?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12