Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
ok...you've explained the obvious...However if the aiming point is dark in color as well, the reticle in the acog is non-existent.
Like Mrgunsngear posted, the reticle is slow to find not non existent. Either way there is no perfect optic and every optic has limitations. Perhaps I'm in the minority here but I don't see a lot of folks ever doing any serious amount of low light shooting or having to shoot from a dark area into or at another dark area/target. For those in the MIL/LE who need to kick doors I would say there are better options like reddot sights. For the rest of us who aren't saddled with that environment and desire an optic that is robust and simple without electronics to fail there are compact ACOGs. The astigmatism issue was also mentioned and is a concern for more and more people. The .5x mag gain is near useless but it's no more a hindrance than using any other ACOG, the BAC and both eyes open shooting solves the issue with a little practice. Those who just can't make the BAC work are forced to use something else... Again, there is no perfect optic that works for everyone or does everything.

MM