Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What am I doing wrong

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I might have had it to far down, it wasn't popping all the primers though. I have to admit, I hate reloading 223 it's nothing but a pain in the a$$. I thought it would be easier on the Dillon, apparently I was wrong.
    Yup the 1st part depriming, sizing, trimming, etc is a royal pain. I've started trading my clean range brass to another forum member for that trade 2/1for that. Even though I have a swagit and a 1200 dillon trimmer on the tool head.
    The Actual loading part is easier.
    As other members have stated set sizing die with ram all the up without the decapping pin in place or all the way up, Then screw the decapping pin down till it touches then back off the ram, turn it down the thickness of a primer & just a bit more, lock everything in place you should be good.

Feedback Score
    OK I figured it out. I hit a batch of crimped primers. I must have picked some up by accident when shooting over Thanksgiving with family. But got the new stem in and finally set back at the press today and started reloading again.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    OK I figured it out. I hit a batch of crimped primers.
    You should be able to feel that on the press. When I hit a crimped piece of brass, I pull it aside. I accumulate them and run them together so I know they need the crimp removed.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12