Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I have been an adjustable gas block hater !

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Good deal.

Results of proper gas drive are just as dramatic outside.
    Any idea when you guys will be getting the MicroTUNE Gas Blocks back in stock?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    MicroTune 750 in stock now.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Clint,

Is there potential for port erosion and it open up or anything else associated with erosion.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    There's always potential, but I don't believe it would be a practical issue.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    TheMONK sent me the Gemtech carrier to let Mark and I run it. We ran it in several guns and we were impressed. My first choice would be to fix the port size, but this is a pretty cool fix. I don't know about the reliability of the carrier or how it will stand up, but it made a nasty ported gun like a dream to shoot.

Many thanks to the MONK. I am considering trying it in my LMT MWS 7.62. Anyone try theirs in a 7.62 gun? street cost?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Lanbo's has them the cheapest I could find - https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=30367

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    TheMONK sent me the Gemtech carrier to let Mark and I run it. We ran it in several guns and we were impressed. My first choice would be to fix the port size, but this is a pretty cool fix. I don't know about the reliability of the carrier or how it will stand up, but it made a nasty ported gun like a dream to shoot.

Many thanks to the MONK. I am considering trying it in my LMT MWS 7.62. Anyone try theirs in a 7.62 gun? street cost?

PB
    I tried one with my mws and wasn't able to install the firing pin in the carrier because the diameter was too small to fit the back end of the pin.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I tried one with my mws and wasn't able to install the firing pin in the carrier because the diameter was too small to fit the back end of the pin.
    Odd. They must have spec'd it off the the small spool firing pin. To Gemtech's credit... the carrier worked exactly like porting the gun correctly. I don't know what, if any, long term usage issues you might face, but it very clearly changed the bolt speed.

I do remember ESK saying something about favoring the gas correction at the barrel port instead of in the carrier/upper area. I forget exactly what his concern was.... gas turbulence or expansion chamber side affects maybe..???
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Odd. They must have spec'd it off the the small spool firing pin. To Gemtech's credit... the carrier worked exactly like porting the gun correctly. I don't know what, if any, long term usage issues you might face, but it very clearly changed the bolt speed.

I do remember ESK saying something about favoring the gas correction at the barrel port instead of in the carrier/upper area. I forget exactly what his concern was.... gas turbulence or expansion chamber side affects maybe..???
    I believe the earlier in the system you cut the gas, the better, it will reduce smoke at the carrier key / gas tube connection, and reduce noise compared to the SBC. I'll look again but I'm certain I recall that the SBC diverts and vents the excess gas out the end of the valve shaft, which = noise to the shooter. You don't have that when you simply stifle the gas further upstream.

Which is not to say I don't like the SBC, I found it very convenient.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234