Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Russian, eastern euro, commie ammo

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Russian, eastern euro, commie ammo

Hi guys, quick question.

Is there any good reason not to shoot steel case wolf, tula, monarch, etc in your pistols? I used to shoot a lot through glocks, but have only been shooting brass cased stuff for 5 to 10 years now. Thinking about maybe shooting steel case in the glocks and ppq so that I can shoot more. I dont reload anymore, so just looking to shoot more. I now go every other weekend and shoot 2 to 300 through pistols.

Another question, if I get a kaboom, are there any companies that will help you out, and any that wont help you? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Fwiw, I already shoot steel case in ARs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Short answer is generally unless you reload steel case can help you shoot more. Now, depending on the going rate of once fired brass in your AO it might come down to being effectively a wash between steel or brass. I used to shoot more or less only brass even though I didn't reload because I would pick up my brass, and if I hit the range and was the only one there I'd also happily sweep up the casings on the range to sort and sell. It was actually getting to the point some days after I sold the brass that was left laying on the range I was ahead $30-40 bucks, including cost of gas and lunch. So I'd check the local sites to see what brass is selling for and if it is moving briskly.

As far as pistols, I'll run Wolf without too much complaint if I can't pick up my brass, or if the area isn't conductive to it. I don't shoot Tula much, mostly because I find it to be pretty much junk ammo, though I'll shoot it before some reman ammo. No experience with Monarch to speak of.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    No reason not to, but no good reason to.

The steel stuff is only a buck or two cheaper per box than brass case, so it doesn't seem worth it.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post

The steel stuff is only a buck or two cheaper per box than brass case, so it doesn't seem worth it.
    Unless you're talking wolf Grendel.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I shoot a lot of Freedom Munitions American Steel 9mm. It's a little cheaper than brass, and I don't have to feel bad about not picking up brass cases. Steel returns to the Earth, from whence it came.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post

Yet, $40-50 cheaper per case. It adds up in the long run if you are shooting or buying in volume on a budget.

The only steel stuff I haven't been impressed with was Tula. But my Sigs ate up the Brown/Silver Bear without problems.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Any experiences on blown up guns and getting them fixed?

And I wont be shooting any reman ammo.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I consider the bi-metal steel jackets more harmful than the steel casings. They did a test on Lucky Gunner where the bi-metal jacket ammo wore out barrels sooner than regular copper plated ammo. But I still shoot it in .223 through a beater AR. Their 9mm I don't bother with anymore because you can get brass-cased Perfecta for less money now.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 02-13-17 at 10:10.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Been shooting it for years. Never had much of a problem.

Blowing up guns is an over exaggerated internet myth. Typically it's the same thing that gets reposted over and over. Getting the gun fixed would depend on the circumstances and the manufacturer

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast