Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Flynn's job in jeopardy?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nobody explained to me what the problem here is.

Wouldn't talking be better than putting Armored Divisions on the Russian border?

I seriously doubt they were discussing surrender of the US. In fact, I think this is all nickel and dime bullshit

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    As a former employee of both those agencies, I can tell you it is an effing disgrace. If I was DIR, it would be molehunt that would make Jesus Angleton roll over.
    The Administration should start by terminating everyone who would have been privy to the intel gathering operation that was leaked.

Start the purge. It seems like intel community bureaucrats need the fear of God into them. Maybe a couple of them could mysteriously turn up gruesomely murdered or disappear?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Wouldn't talking be better than putting Armored Divisions on the Russian border?

I seriously doubt they were discussing surrender of the US. In fact, I think this is all nickel and dime bullshit
    It's only ok when the Democrats do it:
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Trump was briefed on Flynn's conversation, Pence was not.
    What that tells me is that Trump did as he was probably told and refused to tell anyone around him about the investigation. When Flynn discussed the conversation he had with the Russian Ambassador if he was less than truthful with Pence, Trump would have known immediately.
    I'm not sure, other than his Son going off the rails on the pizza thing, what other indications their might have been that Flynn was a bad choice for this position. Clearly he had issues with some in the Intelligence Departments, but that doesn't justify this in any way.
    This;
    https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/02...oad-new-powers
    Surprise: At the End, Obama Administration Gave NSA Broad New Powers
    This story, from the Jan. 12, 2017, edition of the New York Times, was little-remarked upon at the time, but suddenly has taken on far greater significance in light of current events:
    In its final days, the Obama administration has expanded the power of the National Security Agency to share globally intercepted personal communications with the government’s 16 other intelligence agencies before applying privacy protections.
    The new rules significantly relax longstanding limits on what the N.S.A. may do with the information gathered by its most powerful surveillance operations, which are largely unregulated by American wiretapping laws. These include collecting satellite transmissions, phone calls and emails that cross network switches abroad, and messages between people abroad that cross domestic network switches.

Kind of makes you go Hmmmmmmm, don't it?
    Pending actionable intelligence, let's just say the timing is more than a little convenient.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    In the history of politicians making poor decisions, that one does not even register on my meter personally. What amounts to apparently him telling the Russian ambassador not to freak out over the what Obama was doing as it would be revisited once the new admin was in office amounts to biz as usual.

If there's actual proof he was contacting the commies on behalf of Trump to make a deal of some sort, that's another matter.

What Trump should have done was refused his resignation, and moved on.

If the FBI et al has something real, and Trump/Pence/Flynn know it, maybe his leaving quickly was best to protect POTUS. You know, falling on his sword like North did for Reagan

Trump states the media was very unfair but accepts (called for even) his resignation does not quote add up some place.
    Again, the poor judgement was lying to his boss. At least, that is how Spicer described it and noted this was the last straw in a series. Apparently, there were other episodes of poor judgement like trying to get his kid who liked Tweeting about Pizzagate on the NSC.
    Last edited by Sensei; 02-15-17 at 19:04.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Again, the poor judgement was lying to his boss. At least, that is how Spicer described it and noted this was the last straw in a series. Apparently, there were other episodes of poor judgement like trying to get his kid who liked Tweeting about Pizzagate on the NSC.
    Seriously, raise your hand if lying to your boss would NOT get you fired. I know I'd be in the unemployment line in a heartbeat for it...

Nate
    NAAH Tool Works
    Naahtoolworks@gmail.com

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    The Administration should start by terminating everyone who would have been privy to the intel gathering operation that was leaked.

Start the purge. It seems like intel community bureaucrats need the fear of God into them. Maybe a couple of them could mysteriously turn up gruesomely murdered or disappear?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    What would Laverinty Beria do?

He was good at stuff like this. LOL.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

I'm not a lawyer, but the law IMO is intended to stop people (aka non government folks) from undermining US foreign policy. Until we see transcripts we will no know what he actually discussed BEFORE he was an official representative of the USA. That call made at 12:01PM on Jan 20 makes it a non issue.

Think of it this way. You apply to the FBI and receive a confirmation letter saying you start academy on Jan 20, 2017. Before Jan 20, 2017 you start acting like an FBI agent. Would you be guilty of impersonating a federal officer.

I think everyone agrees its generally BS. However, I keep coming back to the same question. How stupid do you have to be to not understand the political landscape you are navigating? Either this is a great ploy to ferret out the duplicitous members of the intelligence community or they screwed up BIG. I'm thinking #2

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    If what he discussed with the ambassador wasn't criminal or unethical, then why did he feel the need to lie about it? Trump was publicly stating at the time of this alleged call that Obama's sanctions against Russia would be reviewed and could be reversed, so what if Flynn discussed what Trump was planning to do on a phone call?

Not even a transcript is good enough in this case, the audio MUST be released!
    Fixed it for you.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast