Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Looking at buying an SR-25.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Been there and done that. Never again.
    She's available

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar_guy04 View Post
    If money was no objet, I'd have an ACC w/ a 1-8x, an APC with a 3-18x, and a backup for each.

And then I'd be bugging them to do one in .260 or 6.5 Creed for a PRS Gas Gun.
    This is what I did. APC with a 3-15. ACC with CQBSS. And a QDC can. Don't have the backup part, but these 2 should be good enough.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I couldn't decide so got an APR and an ACC. Aimpoint on ACC and S&B on APR.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Turns out the atacr is on backorder. I cancelled my order and I'm back to the drawing board

i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    You've said this before in another SR-25 thread a time or two. I have not personally handled a LaRue but have seen where lots of guys win comps and so forth with them.

Would you say it is their design/choice of barrel or some other schema to their design?

I would love an ACC but my ECC is still plenty handy and would be my 'I'm Never Coming Back Home' armageddon gun.

I have 20 year old SR-25 EMR 24" and it is a laser. No joke. Like I would almost pit it up against a rack grade bolt action. But I'm superstitious about it and thus don't shoot it much.

If you have any insights to an OBR, I'd love to hear them. A bit heavier? Anything else?

Of their configurations the fixed stock 18" looks the most interesting.

Thanks for any thoughts
    I think it's the voodoo with barrel quality and attachment method. Whatever it is, it works.

I think 16" is optimum for .308. Better cartridge I would go longer barrel, but .308 is what it is, and isn't hugely better with more barrel so I just go compact. Best thing about .308 is that it isn't nearly as picky about velocity as 556.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have an lmt lm8 mws and a ec sr25 and can say with 100% certainty the sr25 shoots way better suppressed and un suppressed.It will absolutely stack them in the same hole if you do your part.I'm looking to pick up an acc for my 2nd sr25 and the 1-8 seems to be the key for that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks Nong. Actually while I like the aesthetics of an 18", 2" aren't really going to matter.

My EMR has an Obermeyer barrel but it comes out once in a blue, blue moon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    Money is not an issue. I have no need for the rifle..i just want it. Just trying to figure out if it is worth the extra $1,000 over the LMT or the LaRue. I understand that it is a great rifle. But can someone tell me why it is $1,000 more?

Also look into GAP10s. Ga Precision makes some top of the line bolt guns and their semi autos are no slouch either. I have a gap10 gen 1 that's coming in this week now that I've sold my gap 338. I'm kinda biased because I love GAP but in all seriousness they know how to make great guns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by danc1996 View Post
    Also look into GAP10s. Ga Precision makes some top of the line bolt guns and their semi autos are no slouch either. I have a gap10 gen 1 that's coming in this week now that I've sold my gap 338. I'm kinda biased because I love GAP but in all seriousness they know how to make great guns.

I bought the sr25. Thanks for the info though!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    I bought the sr25. Thanks for the info though!

Which sr25 did you end up with?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast