Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
Well, I see your point, but sometimes a non-adjustable, lo-pro gas block is preferred. For example, Noveske barrels come with lo-pro gas-blocks already pinned on and they need regulation badly, why not keep the pinned GB and use a BRT insert instead of set-screwing an adjustable in place? Also there are certain free-float rails where I have found SLR Riflework's Sentry series gas-blocks will not clear; Hodge Defense/Mega Arms Wedgelock rail is one example and benefit from the SLR GB7 reduced dimension gas-block intended for extra-thin rails. Then there are titanium gas-blocks for ultralight builds where every tenth ounce is counted. My titanium SLR Sentry 6 .625" GB weighs .9oz, my Battle Arms Development .625" titanium GB w/ stainless steel insert weighs .5oz, it adds up when you have goals.

An argument can also be made that gas-port regulating gas-block inserts like BRT's CustomTune inserts are a much more robust method of regulation and more suitable for a duty-grade/go-to-war rifle than an adjustable gas-block that relies on springs and detents and where the adjustment gets fouled. These inserts are stupid simple in operation as long as you got the right size hole initially.

I have read your thread about inserts, you are further down the road then I am and I am glad to hear reports after years of successful use. I know stainless steel is sufficient for practical use or BRT wouldn't be successful, but while I am having fun making my own I might also indulge in dabbling with bomb proof and the overdone - for the warm and fuzzies...
This. If i already have a pinned LPGB, i would rather do an insert than an adjustable.

Also inserts give you a known port size and are like 1/100th the price.