Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas-port regulating gas-block insert install and DIY manufacture.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pezboy View Post
    Fired my FN 16.1" barrel with carbine length gas system and .060" insert. Locked back with an A5H4 and Federal 55 gr .223. Seems like you could go quite a bit smaller with a lighter buffer.
    With that port size, a 16" has nearly identical gas drive to a mil-spec M4 carbine.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Realize this thread is a little old, but how has the feedback on the EZTUNE gas tubes been?

Seems like an interesting concept especially since it wouldn't require the replacement of already pinned on gas blocks. My main concern is that it would enlarge over time.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    It's a little early to tell as the first prototype units went out just two weeks ago.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tx1021 View Post
    Realize this thread is a little old, but how has the feedback on the EZTUNE gas tubes been?

Seems like an interesting concept especially since it wouldn't require the replacement of already pinned on gas blocks. My main concern is that it would enlarge over time.
    At least it'll be fairly easy to change if it does erode with time.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    It's a little early to tell as the first prototype units went out just two weeks ago.
    Love that you came up with this. Makes things so much easier. Can you elaborate a little on how it's designed? I'm curious where it's "choked" and how -- Insert in the tube?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    Love that you came up with this. Makes things so much easier. Can you elaborate a little on how it's designed? I'm curious where it's "choked" and how -- Insert in the tube?
    My guess is a smaller than standard entry port in the gas tube itself.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Sorry dudes the pics are still down on this thread. Life has gotten busy. I would like to migrate to a new pic host and slog through replacing them in the posts. I haven’t abondonded this project.

Eager to hear about this new reduced gas tube method, seems like you would want a tight fitting gas-tube to minimize leakage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    I didn't realize they were so new, looks like I'll be grabbing one to try out on an over-gassed 10.3 build.

Sending you a pm with a few questions as well, thanks.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Does anyone know if these will work with Geissele gas blocks? I've got a 11.5" Colt FBI barrel with a pinned Geissele gas block and I have been throwing around the idea of using one of these on it, but I am not sure it would work considering the size of the hole in the Geissele block.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    Does anyone know if these will work with Geissele gas blocks? I've got a 11.5" Colt FBI barrel with a pinned Geissele gas block and I have been throwing around the idea of using one of these on it, but I am not sure it would work considering the size of the hole in the Geissele block.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    What is the size of the gas-admission port? And the set-screws?
    Last edited by jerrysimons; 04-19-18 at 22:17.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast