Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who makes a good 10.5 barrel these days?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Get more in I'll buy one. Along with a mod1/2 OEM
    They are always on order (same as with the HBAR FBI 11.5's). They just don't make that many of them.

Your best bet is to send us an e-mail with what you want so we can notify you when they come in.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by feraldog View Post
    thank you BTJ! (fyi - AAC 762SDN6 can)
    MicroMOA suggests 0.049" for a suppressed 10.3" to 12.5" carbine using 5.56×45mm NATO ammo, with 0.070" being recommended for unsuppressed. Given the 762-SDN-6 is a bit of a shorty can, you may wish to bump the port size for a dedicated suppressed rifle to 0.055".

If you want to play with stuff like the Vltor A5 system, LMT e-BCG, etc., you can get some pretty low figures. My 11.5" locks back, unsuppressed, on M193 with a port size of 0.063".
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    MicroMOA suggests 0.049" for a suppressed 10.3" to 12.5" carbine using 5.56×45mm NATO ammo, with 0.070" being recommended for unsuppressed. Given the 762-SDN-6 is a bit of a shorty can, you may wish to bump the port size for a dedicated suppressed rifle to 0.055".

If you want to play with stuff like the Vltor A5 system, LMT e-BCG, etc., you can get some pretty low figures. My 11.5" locks back, unsuppressed, on M193 with a port size of 0.063".
    With a GP of .049, the gun will not run with the can off. So the shooter has to figure out if they want a dedicated suppressed weapon (that will only function with a can on) or one that will function with or without the can on. For me, I opted to have my 10.5 run without the can on, BUT not lock back on the last round. This shoots nearly as soft as a dedicated suppressed weapon, but allows me to still run the gun with can off.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    MicroMOA suggests 0.049" for a suppressed 10.3" to 12.5" carbine using 5.56×45mm NATO ammo, with 0.070" being recommended for unsuppressed. Given the 762-SDN-6 is a bit of a shorty can, you may wish to bump the port size for a dedicated suppressed rifle to 0.055".... If you want to play with stuff like the Vltor A5 system, LMT e-BCG, etc., you can get some pretty low figures. My 11.5" locks back, unsuppressed, on M193 with a port size of 0.063".
    With a GP of .049, the gun will not run with the can off. So the shooter has to figure out if they want a dedicated suppressed weapon (that will only function with a can on) or one that will function with or without the can on. For me, I opted to have my 10.5 run without the can on, BUT not lock back on the last round. This shoots nearly as soft as a dedicated suppressed weapon, but allows me to still run the gun with can off.
    thank you both! excellent and helpful info. this will really help on my current build...
    Last edited by feraldog; 02-15-17 at 15:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    LOL, no. Very rare.

C4
    It's for the best... it would've fast-forwarded my pondering to full-on build mode.

Just to add since we're talking about cutting down and port sizes. Grant, wasn't yours locking back with a .058 port and an LMT E carrier? Have you gone even smaller than that now?
    Last edited by Col_Crocs; 02-15-17 at 15:47.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    +1 on Noveske's 10.5" Barrel.
    Ditto on the Noveske 10.5"....
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    It's for the best... it would've fast-forwarded my pondering to full-on build mode.

Just to add since we're talking about cutting down and port sizes. Grant, wasn't yours locking back with a .058 port and an LMT E carrier? Have you gone even smaller than that now?
    No on locking back. With he Sprinco blue spring and H3. I probably could get it to with a lighter package.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    ^^This is what appeals to me about cutting down... just unsure of where to get it done but JP mentioned the possibility of Centurion accommodating it, or, Marvin Pitt's as IG suggested. I'd be keen to try a .063 port with an enhanced carrier.
    If you decide on a Colt 6920 variation with intent to have it cut down, the gas port should be .062.
    IG recently had all 3 of my 6920's for DD RIS rail install and he measured all 3 guns with barrel dates of 10/12, 12/13 and 01/14 at .062.

See post #32
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...09#post2431709

tp
    Last edited by tango-papa; 02-15-17 at 16:26.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

C4
    What size gas port did this for you? I have a 10.5" barrel and I want the same envelope of function. I realize that my setup may not mimic yours exactly.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Been out of the loop a while and am only now starting to read back up on things. I've been pretty content with my ARs and haven't really felt the need to build anymore. I've started coming back here to read up and started thinking that if I were to consider building another one, it'd probably be a 10.5. It seems to me, though, a properly gassed 10.5 is harder to come by these days, than when I "left". Which begs the question... who makes a properly gassed CL, CHF (or not), 10.5 barrel nowadays? Are we at a point where what would've have been go-to brands like Noveske or DD need tweaking with a BRT kit? Or perhaps even cutting down a Centurion Arms 12.5 or 14.7?
    This is where I have settled if not a Centurion Arms barrel for other SBR lengths, but CA no longer has 11.5" and 12.5" barrels on their site?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast