Thread: GG&G USP FS Rail and Surefire x300?

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)

GG&G USP FS Rail and Surefire x300?

I was able to put a new USP Expert 45 on hold. I came upon what I believed was a very good deal, so it was an impulse buy. I'm not too worried though since I haven't heard anything bad about USP's.

I was researching rail adapters and found the GG&G model. It looks good from everything I've read, although I have a couple questions I couldn't figure out.

1) In pictures I saw that some of the adapters had multiple slots like a picatny rail, while others were more slick with one slot.

Are there variations of the GG&G rail? Perhaps multiple generations? If so, is one better than the others?

I am aware that there are also adapters for USP compact models.

2) Will a Surefire x300 or x300u fit the GG&G without any problems? The descriptions on seller's websites don't state anything on Surefire lights. I looked for reviews online and found a few mixed answers from yes, but with minor modifications, to yes, with no fitting required.

I have a couple of the mentioned Surefire lights that I'd like to use.

I was under the assumption that these adapters would make the rail "universal", so I'm not quite understanding why a light that fits any other standardized rail would have issues mounting to the adapter.

Thanks for any advice or tips

Feedback Score
    I cannot answer your question about multiple gen units, I can tell you the one-slot ones fit the X300U (and TLR1). I will say the light will 'fit' like on a 1911 or AR rail, where there could be a smidge of fore/aft movement depending on how tight you have the X300U sides. That's just the nature of the beast with the X300U-A. The X300U-B that clamps up will not move. But, I digress.

The USP in a beast, and extra-beast in 45.
    Last edited by Talon167; 02-14-17 at 16:29.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Thank you! I appreciate the answer.

I agree, it's a beast for sure. I always discounted the full size USP's thinking they'd be too large to hold comfortably. When I saw the Expert I had to pick it up just to see. Surprisingly it was not one bit too large. I'm not a big guy, but have large hands

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    Thank you! I appreciate the answer.

I agree, it's a beast for sure. I always discounted the full size USP's thinking they'd be too large to hold comfortably. When I saw the Expert I had to pick it up just to see. Surprisingly it was not one bit too large. I'm not a big guy, but have large hands
    My USP45 was my training gun, as it's one of my favorites. Only reason I stopped using it is because I got tired of paying for the 45. And yes, that's a GGG mount on there, too. Each one of my three USPs has one.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    That's a picture worthy of being framed; I love the look of guns that actually see use.

This is going to be my first .45, and yeah the cost of ammo always deterred me from getting into the caliber. Although, I am slowly getting into reloading. I doubt I'll shoot it as much as the 9 mm's I own, but oh well.

I'd like to get an Expert in 9 mm, but only the 45 and 40's are approved for sale here.

Feedback Score
    I have had a USP 45 for about 12 or 14 years now. I love it, it has never let me down and I find the size of it to be perfect for my intended use. A tactical model is my future.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    A USP Tactical would be the first handgun I'd buy when I move out of CA. Out of curiousity, do the USP Tactical come with an o-ring on the barrel also?

Feedback Score
    Yes, all the ones I have seen do

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I haven't seen a GG&G adapter with multiple slots, however, I have used one extensively on my fullsize 9mm and a little on a 45 Tactical. With a TLR-1 I had to do a bit of sanding on the picatinny slot to get a tight fit. The other adapters allowed for too much slop. With a first gen Inforce APL, there was quite a bit of movement on the adapter.

My USP 45T that's since been replaced by a HK45: