Thread: Info on sights

Feedback Score

Info on sights

I have struggled with handgun sights for over 16 years and put a Dr. Optic on my Glock 34 in the middle of 2001. My eyes changed very rapidly in my early 40's, but then stabilized, but it was enough to end my being able to use regular handgun sights and achieve acceptable results.

I have tried XS Big dots and then work OK for me, of course can't shoot great groups with them at 25 meters. Using a red dot I can shoot better than I ever did at 25 meters and beyond.

I just saw this Israeli sight, and no nothing about it. I did a search here and found very little information about them.

http://www.tas-sights.com/web/8888/n...G=6543&lang=EN

Is any one here using them?

Just because something is made in Israel doesn't make it good. I say this as a proud Israeli, but I know we have produced more than our fair share of gun hucksters.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Blah, I see absolutely no reason that I would want this on my pistol.
    If the issue is eyesight, and a red dot works, that seems like the answer.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I def cant see me using these.
    Yoni- if you like the easy pickup of a big dot type sight...that can still make easy 50 & even 100 yard shots...look at the Ameriglo CAP sights..or even several other Ameriglo models. Im running them on all 3 of my Glocks...I wont even take a Glock out to shoot without them.
    You've got both Tritium AND a photoluminescent{sp?} square outline. Brother...these things POP in the blackness. Vastly better than what was in the link.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Jack,

Red dot does in fact work for me.

The question is does this sight work as well as a red dot?

If it does work as well as a red dot, then it would be a great reduction in cost and you would keep your pistol stock so if you ever wanted to sell it the market would not be limited to those wanting a pistol with a RMR. You could also use all holsters for your pistol.

I am skeptical which is why I am trying to find individuals that actually use or have used this sight for a period of time.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Maybe I didn't review the link thoroughly, but the TAS doesn't seem like anything special to me. There are other 'known' sighting systems that work, so I'd try them first. As others have said, a red dot, CAP, or XS Big, et cetera.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Jack,

Red dot does in fact work for me.

The question is does this sight work as well as a red dot?

If it does work as well as a red dot, then it would be a great reduction in cost and you would keep your pistol stock so if you ever wanted to sell it the market would not be limited to those wanting a pistol with a RMR. You could also use all holsters for your pistol.

I am skeptical which is why I am trying to find individuals that actually use or have used this sight for a period of time.
    I bet that the reason that a red dot works for you is related to your distance vision.
    Being able to target focus with both eyes open is also a tremendous aid to practical/under-duress shooting.
    The sights linked, as far as I understand, do not address that focus issue, which would eliminate them from consideration in my experience.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com