Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: entry vest rifle plate help: recomendations

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpgm View Post
    Call Josh at Tyr. They offer a LEO discount that is generous.

jpgm
    which TYR product would you recommend to meet the OP's requirement?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I missed the "stand alone'' part the OP had mentioned. Tyr does not list a stand alone on their website or catalog. The icw lvl 3+ are nice.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpgm View Post
    I missed the "stand alone'' part the OP had mentioned. Tyr does not list a stand alone on their website or catalog. The icw lvl 3+ are nice.

jpgm
    I've heard good things about them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If I decide to go with the stop bz's should I worry about how they will fit in my carrier with regard to thickness? I have been running a Shellback Banshee.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by watercop08 View Post
    If I decide to go with the stop bz's should I worry about how they will fit in my carrier with regard to thickness? I have been running a Shellback Banshee.
    Give a holler to AT. He call help you out. Can the banshee be snugged up around the plate? Usually the vertical fit is the one I worry about.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've shot mike at AT a few emails and he has been very helpful. Unless I am missing something the only adjustment in the Banshee with regard to the plate is vertical. I just want to absolutely sure before I drop $1700+ on a set of plates.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by watercop08 View Post
    I've shot mike at AT a few emails and he has been very helpful. Unless I am missing something the only adjustment in the Banshee with regard to the plate is vertical. I just want to absolutely sure before I drop $1700+ on a set of plates.
    Good, given what you are using your armor for a consult with a SME is a good thing. You might be able to snug up the plates, but if you have been running SAPIs with backers for a while the carrier might be stretched out. You might want to invest in a new carrier. But, I would try and find folks that have your plate and carrier combo to be sure.

Feedback Score
    Check out the Paraclete Speed Plates Plus. For the 10"x12" it weighs 5.1 lbs and is 0.55 in thick. They go for around $450 per plate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123