Thread: Please help me find a QD sling mount

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Please help me find a QD sling mount

I have a 20" Mossberg Mariner model #50299 shotgun and am having a hell of a hard time finding a way to attach a quick detach sling to the front end.

I tried the Magpul mounts, but neither fit this shotgun. According to Magpul there is a "gap issue" with certain 590's.

I've checked the GGG amounts, but they mount just behind the magazine tube cap, which is way too long for me.

I've also looked at the laserlyte style clamps, but I really don't need rails on every side. Just need a QD attachment point.

Is there anything similar to the Magpul?
    Last edited by Bluto; 02-15-17 at 16:48.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Why do you want QD??? Are you trying to share a sling with other guns? There are easy QD options if not.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Try CDM Gear. Their clamps are advertised to work with Mossberg 590.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    I have a 20" Mossberg Mariner model #50299 shotgun and am having a hell of a hard time finding a way to attach a quick detach sling to the front end.

I tried the Magpul mounts, but neither fit this shotgun. According to Magpul there is a "gap issue" with certain 590's.

I've checked the GGG amounts, but they mount just behind the magazine tube cap, which is way too long for me.

I've also looked at the laserlyte style clamps, but I really don't need rails on every side. Just need a QD attachment point.

Is there anything similar to the Magpul?
    I believe this is a GGG, you are saying this is too long? I think most QD's are going to be longer because of the receiving 'socket'?

https://www.spectergear.com/ProductD...roductCode=807

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Why do you want QD??? Are you trying to share a sling with other guns? There are easy QD options if not.
    It's just preference. I'm not sharing a sling, but the majority of my existing slings are QD so its just easier.

Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    I believe this is a GGG, you are saying this is too long? I think most QD's are going to be longer because of the receiving 'socket'?

https://www.spectergear.com/ProductD...roductCode=807
    The GGG mounts go between the magazine cap and the clamp. In my case its all the way at the muzzle and not a comfortable place for me to hang a sling from.

Quote Originally Posted by bruin View Post
    Try CDM Gear. Their clamps are advertised to work with Mossberg 590.

I checked them out and I think we have a winner! I ordered a mount today. Thank you!!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Glad to hear; hope it works out for you. I've used a couple of their mounts for a while and am pretty happy with them.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    The GGG mounts go between the magazine cap and the clamp. In my case its all the way at the muzzle and not a comfortable place for me to hang a sling from.
    Copy that.

Feedback Score
    The CDM Gear light mount is a nice piece, their BMTA1 has a QD socket

Attachment 44764

http://www.cdmgear.com/lightmounts.html#MTR

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
    The CDM Gear light mount is a nice piece, their BMTA1 has a QD socket

Attachment 44764

http://www.cdmgear.com/lightmounts.html#MTR
    Will it fit a 590A-1 with a Nordic ext.?
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    The BMTA1 will fit a 590A1 according to CDM Gear, but all CDM Gear clamps are designed for 1" mag tubes. The Nordic MXT are too wide (believe me, I've tried). Older Nordic tubes might work if they're​ 1”.