Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on Benelli M1 and M2 shotguns...

Feedback Score

Question on Benelli M1 and M2 shotguns...

Are the internals the same on these two shotguns or are there differences?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    They are essentially the same. Is there something specific you're wondering about?

Feedback Score
    Not really. I'm looking at buying an M1 from a local seller and was curious about it's design. I'm a novice to the inertial recoil system.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    There is a difference in the bolt carriers which allow a M1 to be Ghost loaded (round on the lifter/carrier). The M2 has to be machined to do this. I can't remember exactly what needs to be modified to do this, a difference in a slot on the bottom of the carrier. For the vast majority it's an irrelevant difference.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    There is a difference in the bolt carriers which allow a M1 to be Ghost loaded (round on the lifter/carrier). The M2 has to be machined to do this. I can't remember exactly what needs to be modified to do this, a difference in a slot on the bottom of the carrier. For the vast majority it's an irrelevant difference.
    I believe the M1's ability to hold one "in the float," was limited to the H&K mfgd. models. I have one of the LAST M1's (date code, 2002), and it does NOT allow for that.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    The one I'm looking at has an 18 inch barrel, pistol grip stock, and Ghost Ring sights. Were these ever made with 20 inch barrels?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I believe the M1's ability to hold one "in the float," was limited to the H&K mfgd. models. I have one of the LAST M1's (date code, 2002), and it does NOT allow for that.
    You're probably right. I haven't really kept up with it, it's all a bit hazy in my mind. I do have a HK model and it will do it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    The one I'm looking at has an 18 inch barrel, pistol grip stock, and Ghost Ring sights. Were these ever made with 20 inch barrels?
    Don't believe so.

Feedback Score
    On the M1 Super 90, any particular things to look for when inspecting a prospective purchase?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    On the M1 Super 90, any particular things to look for when inspecting a prospective purchase?
    If possible, pull the barrel off and inspect the ejector housing. Make sure the inside bolt lug hasn't been battering the end of that housing. Mine has done this and I am in the process of getting the housing and rivet replaced.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast